• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor Leaving? Has left!

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Look no thougher dean moxey
Maybe one day, but as far as I’m aware he hasn’t got his coaching badges yet. Would love it if it did happen though.

geoffwp

I find myself feeling pessimistic about the rest of the season. I don't usually do the downer thing as I'm usually an upbeat sort of bloke but now feel kind of flat, deflated, knocked back, wind out of my sails and all that stuff. I hope it doesn't happen but I can see this having a very big negative impact on our season. Think I need some mothers little helpers.

dontpassback

I find myself feeling pessimistic about the rest of the season. I don't usually do the downer thing as I'm usually an upbeat sort of bloke but now feel kind of flat, deflated, knocked back, wind out of my sails and all that stuff. I hope it doesn't happen but I can see this having a very big negative impact on our season. Think I need some mothers little helpers.
I agree,if he does go,we could lose momentum and whoever comes in would need to be up and running to keep our season on track

lamrobhero

I think that Exeter City is unique. I do not know anything about Rotherham but I guess that they are just like other football clubs. Why give up uniqueness for just another football club? Though I know that some on here want us to "go to the next level" by becoming just like everybody else.

Bat Fastard

Naturally gutted if this is true, but Matt should leave with good wishes - he's left the club in a far better position than when he inherited it. I can't hold it against him as there's no guarantee of a championship club coming knocking again if our form and league standing fall away from these heights. Also I'd assume he'll be getting a salary we're nowhere near capable of matching. Lets hope some works been done in preparation of this and a new man can be put in place soon. UTC!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Like our player budget we probably can't afford anyone from outside the club until we get a windfall.
Why not? MTs wage will be available if he leaves so that frees up some money.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Naturally gutted if this is true, but Matt should leave with good wishes - he's left the club in a far better position than when he inherited it. I can't hold it against him as there's no guarantee of a championship club coming knocking again if our form and league standing fall away from these heights. Also I'd assume he'll be getting a salary we're nowhere near capable of matching. Lets hope some works been done in preparation of this and a new man can be put in place soon. UTC!
Cheers Sweens, good points.

i8cornwall

I think that Exeter City is unique. I do not know anything about Rotherham but I guess that they are just like other football clubs. Why give up uniqueness for just another football club? Though I know that some on here want us to "go to the next level" by becoming just like everybody else.
Every football is unique!!!!

Avening Posse

Tisdale made an error not leaving when he was on the up when a bigger club came calling and I don’t think Taylor will make the same error. I’m not convinced Rotherham would be “that” great a move though. Hence why he is thinking about it. I suspect if it was one of the larger teams in the championship the decision would have already been made?. I wish him all the best if he decides to take it, but I’m sure I read somewhere something like 30 to 40% of teams change manager each season so it’s inevitable bigger clubs will come up. I guess he may not be a shoe in for bigger ones though so that might influence his thinking. He may regret it though if the likes of Cov, Brum, Bristol City etc look for changes later in the season. But it’s a gamble and a tough decision for him to make. Would have him back in a heartbeat if it didn’t work out as it’s not often we get people with his commitment, nous, will to succeed on our budget. Will be gutted if he goes but will certainly be wishing him all the best

grecianfaniow

I cant see a suitable replacement if he goes, I too wish him the best if he goes but IMO he could be making a dire mistake, a rather tisdalesque one!