• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor Leaving? Has left!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
What about this

Rotherham United FC-' You really got me'. ???

Average Joe

The 100k for Nombe is accurate.
At the least, the reliable information I got was it was more nearer the 150k mark.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
At the least, the reliable information I got was it was more nearer the 150k mark.
How do you it was reliable? Did anyone official - or Nombe himself - confirm this?

Memphis09

They are also 4 points off the bottom three, yes with a game in hand but realistically it’s still too early to mean anything either way yet. Rotherham are a small club for the championship with a small budget and a tight arse chairman by all accounts. He was also second choice at a minimum as the Cambridge manager has already turned them down. unless he hits the ground running he’ll end up in hot water, I fully believe if he stayed here this season and kept us going as we have started then he would’ve got a better championship move than Rotherham. But like I said thanks for the memories Matt but just get him gone now as he doesn’t want to be here. It also leaves a sour taste in the mouth that he’s jumped ship 11 games in potentially leaving us high and dry for poxy Rotherham, thought he would’ve shown us the respect to assess his options at the end of the season unless an actual big club came knocking.
Totally agree with you

Average Joe

How do you it was reliable? Did anyone official - or Nombe himself - confirm this?
I won the VIP matchday experience Bristol City V Luton game a couple of years ago and got chatting to some people from Luton over a beer in the conference rooms and I said I'm actually an Exeter fan and we got chatting about Nombe. But it maybe all tosh what I was told, just seemed realistic at the time.

iscalad

I won the VIP matchday experience Bristol City V Luton game a couple of years ago and got chatting to some people from Luton over a beer in the conference rooms and I said I'm actually an Exeter fan and we got chatting about Nombe. But it maybe all tosh what I was told, just seemed realistic at the time.
Ah, the old "bloke I met in the pub" story.

manc grecian

Nombe 100k transfer. 2k a week wages, when he was in league 2

Cowshed Grecian

Was widely reported as a club record signing - upwards £100k plus transfer fee plus 3 year contract as, presumably, our highest paid player.
Bloody hell-I’m actually impressed we paid money for someone. I thought that was a wind up haha, fair play well worth £100k

Cowshed Grecian

Chas the groundsMan confirmed it