• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor is the new boss

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't know about a lifetime but he has made the top ten

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wow, more than half of the managers have been in post less than a year...

jimmy

No coincidence that the top five clubs in that list are experiencing successful periods..

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Look how young some of them are. The Ipswich manager was born in 1986.

1986!

FFS

Jeff Wood

1986!

FFS

1986!

FFS
Yes, scary to find there’s only one manager left older than me (Steve Bruce) and then only by a few months!

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes, scary to find there’s only one manager left older than me (Steve Bruce) and then only by a few months!
I blame Roy Hodgson 😒

Jeff Wood

I blame Roy Hodgson 😒
Hodgson and Neil Warnock! Don’t think we’ll see Woy Hodgson again, sadly by the end of last season he was looking like a frail old man, but there’s always the scary possibility that we haven’t quite seen the last of Warnock!

Last edited:

ChrisWickens

Now that does depress me - I am older than all of them!!

Grecian Max

I’m really pleased for him. Top player, top bloke and hopefuly top manager. You never know with managerial appointments but I reckon this is sound. He was a goalie and a defender so you’d assume we’d have a solid defence. Likeable so I doubt there will be any negativity really.

I doubt he’d deman himself by doing ****** signs or saying “**** off” to the crowd either. Always seemed to be a proud club man. Connected with the fans as a player, will be interesting to see who he brings in as his number 2... Tully would be a decent pick but perhaps Carlisle who’s already at the club.

UTC, a good day.
FAO @Matt Russell

STURTZ

Meh - underwhelming & typically safe IMO.

Think it was time for a brand new start - don’t feel this gives us that as it just feels like the continuation of what’s already happening or happened, personally think the position should of been advertised & somebody from the outside willing to ruffle a few feathers appointed , but that’s just personal preference.

Good luck Matt Taylor - hopefully you manage as well as you used to head it
Interesting viewpoint by the long lamented Credy.