• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor is the new boss

dontpassback

Just because there's no Director of Football named, doesn't necessarily mean Matt Taylor is completely isolated - I'm confident that the club will make sure he has all the support and resources he needs.

Personally, I'd like to see Scott Hiley welcomed back into the fold in some sort of advisory role - I got the feeling he and Tis never saw eye-to-eye...
Would like to see Scott hiley back as well,top player and a real gentleman

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good in respect to the continuity of the club's ethos, on the managing side of it though I can't help but think he will need some assistance from an experienced manager as an assistant, dof or both........zidane as dof?
He well might need some assistance, but I cant see why the person involved should get the title: Director of Football. To me, that was just a title invented to make Perryman happy. I'm sure that Taylor will take care of most footballing activities himself, with perhaps a Rob Edwards type sidekick. Theres no earthly need for an exhaulted title for whoever that might be IMHO.

IBA

Pleased with the appointment,

I hope that 'fans' give Matty T the time and patience he will need to establish himself and don't start panicking if we're not top 3 by Christmas!!!!

PeteUSA

Could somebody please tell me a bit about Taylors background prior to City and during his time at the club. I truthfully know nothing about him. His appointment seems to be warmly welcomed by most.

fred binneys head

I’m delighted with this appointment - it was time for Tis to go and I’m delighted we have gone for Matt Taylor and done it quickly - well done to the board on making a quick appointment.

Bring on next season.

Matty Taylor’s red and white army, were so good it’s unbelievable.

Swanaldo

Would like to see Scott hiley back as well,top player and a real gentleman
Wasn't Scott effectively banned from the Cat and Fiddle shortly after Tisdale took over? I don't think Tis liked the thought of there being two Messiah figures around the place...

Alistair20000

Could somebody please tell me a bit about Taylors background prior to City and during his time at the club. I truthfully know nothing about him. His appointment seems to be warmly welcomed by most.
Try Wiki Pete.

Here to help.

Alistair20000

I’m delighted with this appointment - it was time for Tis to go and I’m delighted we have gone for Matt Taylor and done it quickly - well done to the board on making a quick appointment.

Bring on next season.

Matty Taylor’s red and white army, were so good it’s unbelievable.
And good to see you back on here Fred (y)

Swanaldo

Could somebody please tell me a bit about Taylors...time at the club. I truthfully know nothing about him.
Matt Taylor. The man we used to call 'The Rock'. You must have noticed him at some point while watching many many hours of goalkeeping footage.

IBA

Pete he's a City legend , one of Tis' first signings if not the very first signing from Team Bath, and formed the bedrock of the team for the first four years of Tisdale's reign.
All-action whole hearted player Mainly centre-back , and would play upfront at times when called upon! Originally played in goal to a decent standard, before converting to CB,