• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor’s first season

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Top half would be great - Matt needs to find his feet but a more attacking approach is a plus - as others have said to be entertained and to enjoy the new era would do me
I think he'll surprise a lot of people this year by doing the double over MK and making Tis instantly forgettable.

Well, err, nearly everyone.

dontpassback

Entertaining football and a top half finish is all I ask.
I fully concur with that,and I’m sure a lot of city fans do as well.

NDMBigBanker

We have continuity in Matt, i think it will take him a little while to settle in and get the team playing the way he desires. That said i think play-offs may be a little out of reach this season whilst Matt tries to implement what he wants. I hope for a top half finish and improved attendances at home.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
We still have the nucleus of the sides that finished 4th for the past 2 seasons (and reached Wembley) If we can get better fitness , lack of injuries, and a couple of decent players, there is no reason why automatics shouldn't be attained.

Alistair20000

To some extent this may depend on how far The Cheese is able to tempt away our key players. I am therefore deferring a reply to the OP but hope to see some entertaining football at SJP under the new regime.

Last edited:

Red Devon

Very optimistic about next season with all the best bits of last seasons squad still with us and Matt talking of bringing in “quality” at both ends of the pitch...the players should respond well to a more positive mindset, and I can’t see implementing new ideas being a problem with so much familiarity in the squad....think it will be a good year.

fred binneys head

Entertaining football and a top half finish is all I ask.
A pint of that please, with a decent cup run chaser.

crocks

Let's hope that if Tisdale does come knocking on our door for players, the club puts a very high price for their services and basically tells him to go away (being polite there!).

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Let's hope that if Tisdale does come knocking on our door for players, the club puts a very high price for their services and basically tells him to go away (being polite there!).
Let's just hope Perryman doesn't go there... We all know of his superhuman talent for making deals. If he's on the other side of the table, we'll surely be handing over Pym, JMT and Stockley for loose change.

Alistair20000

You mean we offer him a new job involving sex and travel ? :$ :)

Last edited: