• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Kimberley to PAFC is this a Joke!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree with you on the salary figure Boyo!

And yes it's definitely about relationships, and networking, but then so are many sales positions, and don't forget that there will be a lot of repeat business from previous years, so if results on the pitch are decent then in some cases it's quite an easy sell I would suggest.
Seems Argyle are paying 25k a year with a performance bonus.

ExmouthMart

The Trust is not involved in micromanaging the Club staff and operations and neither should it be. Trustee Directors do sit on the Club Board and have an overview of what is going on, and therefore have the right to ask for answers if things are going awry.
I am not suggesting anything vaguely ‘big brother’ but surely changes in personnel in the commercial department which is such a vital revenue stream should warrant some sort of announcement from whoever is directly in charge as to how they are moving forward both short term and long term and if there are any lessons to be learned. Maybe things like salary are not competitive enough or the goals and targets are unrealistic. If we are to grow our product off the field we need a committed team for the long haul who need to be rewarded if they achieve their aims, just like it is in any successful business.
Another thing could possibly be too much work load and resources too thinly spread. Enthusiasm and personality will only carry you so far. Was it Steve Birley (Turkey and Chicken fame!) who slept on a camp bed in the office years ago?!

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Do the Club and/or trust conduct exit interviews with staff?
The club do, yes. Anything that comes from them is fed back to the relevant people which can include the club board.

leeroy81

So who actually runs the club then?
As I understand it as a trust member, I own a share in the club, as it is trust owned?
Who makes these decisions without informing the "owners" IE the trust members?
Heard a lot of loggerheads high up the club hierarchy, just wondered if any of this is true?
Do we have any ambition as a club?
These questions need to be answered in my opinion

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seems Argyle are paying 25k a year with a performance bonus.
Well, unless the performance bonus is mightily impressive, we can assume he didn't leave for the money!

LOG

As I understand it as a trust member, I own a share in the club, as it is trust owned?
You don’t understand it.

As a Trust member you own a share in the Trust. The Trust then, as a legal entity, owns the shares in the Club. Your Trust membership gives you the right to vote, stand for election, attend the AGM etc on Trust matters.

Anyone can moan on exeweb and do nothing else.

Antony Moxey

Well, unless the performance bonus is mightily impressive, we can assume he didn't leave for the money!
Only if you know what his salary package was here.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
So who actually runs the club then?
Who makes these decisions without informing the "owners" IE the trust members?
Heard a lot of loggerheads high up the club hierarchy, just wondered if any of this is true?
Do we have any ambition as a club?
These questions need to be answered in my opinion
Why not ask these questions at the Trust AGM ?

Trapdoor

That is shocking. 25k for a commercial manager? You could earn more working in the bar serving the swilly yokals...

paperclip

That is shocking. 25k for a commercial manager? You could earn more working in the bar serving the swilly yokals...
Yes, it's not great at first glance, is it, assuming it's a full-time position?