• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Jay

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Snoopy,

I'm not convinced Jay has anywhere near enough quality to be valued at 1 million in league 2.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
His current worth has nothing to do with the fact he was a late developer in the game. Clubs will pay on what he's like now, not what he was doing 3 seasons ago.

I also believe and hope he won't be going anywhere
What he is like now is a player who has had one good season. For any club to be shelling out a million they will want some kind of proven track record that Jay doesn't have. We might all think he is now showing what we've all thought he has been capable of for some time but in the big wide world it means diddly squat.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Snoopy,

I'm not convinced Jay has anywhere near enough quality to be valued at 1 million in league 2.
I kinda agree, except that I don't think MJ has any lack of quality, ie technical attributes. If he was 5ft10in or more, I think a fee of circa £1m would be not entirely inconceivable, albeit 750k would seem nearer the mark to me.

As it is, I'd suggest we're probably looking at nearer 500k unless, that is, MJ gains five or six inches over the summer!

IndoMike

You might want that but at 25 with only one full season as first choice under his belt, are clubs going to pay that for him? I think not but then I don't think he's going anywhere any way.
I endorse this message. If City get 1m for Matt Jay I'll eat my crash helmet. You gotta be joking

Alistair20000

I kinda agree, except that I don't think MJ has any lack of quality, ie technical attributes. If he was 5ft10in or more, I think a fee of circa £1m would be not entirely inconceivable, albeit 750k would seem nearer the mark to me.

As it is, I'd suggest we're probably looking at nearer 500k unless, that is, MJ gains five or six inches over the summer!
Sorted once Pate calibrates his tape measure.

Alistair20000

I endorse this message. If City get 1m for Matt Jay I'll eat my crash helmet. You gotta be joking
Come on Matt J, pull in the £1million. Indo digesting his crash helmet is a must.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Jay gains five or six inches this summer he could make more £ away from the game !

IndoMike

Come on Matt J, pull in the £1million. Indo digesting his crash helmet is a must.
I hear certain posters are already starting up a go fund.

IndoMike

Are you suggesting that MJ is vertically challenged, Egg?

grecIAN Harris

Are you suggesting that MJ is vertically challenged, Egg?
No. Just short, that is all..............😋