• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Gill possible record?

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
will he be told to shoot on sight?
Hope not. He seems to only score about 1 in 15 of those prayers from 25 yards.

which is fine if he shoots 30 times ;)

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
which is fine if he shoots 30 times ;)
If he shoots 30 times and isn't scoring then he needs to be out of the team. I don't want some prima donna chasing a record instead of trying to win the game with his team mates.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Right -
Mackie scored in seven successive conference games (8 goals) between 20 Oct and 29 Dec 2007 - but that doesn't count cos it was "only" non-league! ;)
He also scored in the FAC 10 Nov and FAT 15 Dec, but 'fired a blank' against Bury in the FAC on 1 Dec, which broke the overall sequence, and did not play against Ebbsfleet on 21 Dec in the Sultana Shield.

Back in March 2001 the legend that is Flacky "caught fire" (as certain ExeWebbers still wish he had done literally sometimes) and scored 5 in 5. Unfortunately the Scum (who else :( ) thwarted him in his sixth game.

Sorry, but the aforementioned Mr McCambridge never managed to string more than two successive scoring games together in his one season with us (35-36)

So the LEAGUE record still resides with HENRY POULTER who scored in SIX successive games in Dec 1933 (8 goals).

Can't really be arsed to check for sure, but I'd suggest that Matty probably already holds the record for an ECFC midfielder! :D Especially sweet as one of them came against a club where he is still regarded with apparent revulsion! C'mon Matty - you can do it!

the dog2

thanks for all the replies good info so with a liitle luck he could equal flackies record

Juggling Monkey

Administrator
So the LEAGUE record still resides with HENRY POULTER who scored in SIX successive games in Dec 1933 (8 goals).
1933? So does this mean we can claim the 'post-war' record for Gilly? Or perhaps refer to it as the 'modern' record, implying that scoring goals was somehow easier in the 30's but not providing any reason for this. :)

Gilly's getting into great positions this season, and all of his goals have been excellent finishes. I'm sure there's more to come.

tisdale 1

Resigned
there must be some sort of record we can find gilly! like midfield scoring-how many did jonny c get for us? he seemed to always knock a few in.

ECFC JP

I think im correct in saying he has scored in his last 4 matches which is fantastic but i believe the city record stands at 5 matches can anyone comfirm this ? , and if its true if we were to get a pen next saturday (unlikely ) would he be given the opertunity of taking the kick?
Well well well, i think he is going to be a player to watch this season.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well well well, i think he is going to be a player to watch this season.
Well, well, well.

could he be a 20 goal man?