• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mark Ellis

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Joining us in the summer , apparently buckle wont pick him because of some girl he is seeing or something...

madness...

Solid centreback is Ellis , who is a local lad and i doubt be on massive money , decent back up for our cenner halfs...

journeyman

And considering our present centre-back shortage, would be a welcome return.

wemissmoxey

yet another easy option,

I feel we should be working harder in the transfer market

mole221

yet another easy option,

If he's good enough surely it doesn't matter if he's an easy option or not.

Last edited:

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
yet another easy option,

Do you think we should try and get a Notts County style transfer 'coup' and sign a Sol Campbell type figure? Worked wonders for them.

citizen33

Mark sounds a fair bet, and in normal times planning to slot him in next season would be reasonable. If, on the other hand, the team is balanced on the trapdoor, with a severely-depleted squad and make-or-break fixtures coming up, isn't there a case for getting in players who can slot straight in and keep us up?

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
apparently bucks wont pick him because ellis girlfriend is related to his ex wife....

allegedly

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
A bit difficult considering the transfer market/window is pretty much shut, unless of course they are not registered wth another club.

MerleyRed

I thought that Bolton had released him and was under the impression that if a player was not contracted to a club, he is available to sign even if the transfer deadline has passed. It would appear that this is not the case if we have to wait until next season to sign him. Can somebody clarify this ?

MerleyRed

Doh!.... I should have followed the timeline ! Clearly he is under contract to the Turks. I will try and pay more attention next time.