• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Marcus Stewart.

DaveE

He shifted inside second half and was playing as our central striker. He tired and I thought that tisdale was relying on him pulling something out of the bag against his old club. We started pumping it up to him but he was beaten to the ball every time whereas Logie or mac would have had more chance of winning the ball and holding it up, giving our midfield and defence the chance to get forward.
It's nice to read a reasoned post rather than 'He was b*ll*cks' 'You're b*ll*cks & don't know anything he was great' posts that sort of sum up this thread so far. For what it's worth, I agree with Sturtz.

greenawayr

Norwich [y]. You may disagree, fair enough, but IMO hes not good enough to be upfront, midfield maybe but either way i still pick him...

Also he keeps going down like a little girl when he gets tackled now, anyone else noticed?...
Edited to make sense! Sorry, I was driving home from the game last night and after 606 on 5 live, they were going on about how people have forgotten how to use grammar and it's now stuck in my head! I'll accept the abuse for being a pedant!

Why also, if he was useless, would you still pick him???

I thought he did ok against Norwich, barring one moment towards the end of the game which, I think, everyone seems to have taken as a marker for his performance in that game!

Didn't have a great match last night, but again, he did alright in the first half, but when the team capitulated in the second half, that's what everyone remembers, especially as it was in front of the Big Bank.

Oh, and he set up our goal against Norwich, so couldn't have been THAT bad!

Last edited:

Citysupporter2099

Stewart was okay, just really needed to be subbed in the 2nd half because he had, had it.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Marcus Stewart is past it.

I don't rate the guy and personally wouldn't have him the squad, let alone starting 11.

Wasn't impressed last season, and even less now.

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
Also he keeps going down like a little girl when he gets tackled now, anyone else noticed?...
Yes, he's quite weak and isn't strong enough to hold the ball up. It's quite easy for him to be tackled from behind, some refs give a foul but a lot don't, and when this happens we are in a lot of trouble. I remember this happening frequently at Accy away where him and Edwards were particulary prone to going down pretty easily (wouldn't call it diving, just a lack of strength).

SuperSantos

I think Stewart stayed on as Tis wanted to keep some flexibility on shape and tactics. We were looking for the equaliser with 3 up top. If we had got the goal Stewart would have dropped into a midfield 4 and we would held on from there.

He did look tired, and was less influential as the game wore on - but the team as a whole didn't really respond to Yeovil's change of attitude in the second half.

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
but the team as a whole didn't really respond to Yeovil's change of attitude in the second half.
That's the point I was trying to make last night, YT came out a different team, and played a different system, so the acres of space we enjoyed first half didn't exist anymore. You've got to give credit to YT as well as knock our ineffective second half.

Sadly, our midfield were clueless on how to break free second half, and I doubt I've seen Cozic disappear like that before during a game.

Last edited:

Shamus

Was good in the first half and sh*t in the second half. Was crying out to be subbed.
My opinion totally. Brillinat first half in 4-4-1-1 type role. Looked wrecked second half and don't know what role he was trying to play up to the subs (Was crying out for him to drop back and help out, but he seemed to be totally upfront). When the subs came on he played centre up front, leaving MAcca and Liogie on the flanks - just didn't get it. As was said was crying out to be subbed.

I would have left the young lad on rather than him every day of the week

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
His brain is still ticking and the positions he gets himself in prove his quality...

sadly the legs dont quite think as fast as the brain anymore...

better in a deeper position.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seems like Tis, Tilson are watching a different person to some of you, as have heard nowt but praise about Marcus from them.

IMO he would be better slotted behind the two strikers like last year, but I wouldn't say he's been awful.

He played really well in the first half, but like most of the team we fell apart in the 2nd half, that wasn't down to one individual player.