• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Macclesfield Away - Tuesday 9 April (new date!)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Hope to be able to go. Had a great time on Tuesday!

Doug P

There is a good chance that I will make this one plus a Son.

GJW

Tempted to go to this one. The re-schedule fits nicely. May have to do an overnighter though, as I can’t be bothered to drive back on the night if i want a few beers. Can always take the morning off work. Not been to the ground either.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Defo going to this one.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'll be there :)

Number13

Sounds like we might need that terrace Macclesfield!!!!!!!

bootesful

Out-of-town ground, my first in a while. Is there a visitors-friendly pub nearby, or is it stay in town and try and time the buses out (risky)? Three of us, so could be worth getting a cab, anyone know what the traffic is like around KO? Will assume it's fine, as the last few away mid-weeks we've been to you'd not have known there was a game on before the match.

Oldsmobile-88

Hopefully I will get further than Gordano Services this time !
Stopped off there at 1230 to wait for the pitch inspection & confirmation of the postponement only announced at 1415.Luckily I took a flask.citytilidie72 could have had a nice Harry Ramsdens Fish & Chips if he knew we would be waiting that long :D

Oldsmobile-88

Out-of-town ground, my first in a while. Is there a visitors-friendly pub nearby, or is it stay in town and try and time the buses out (risky)? Three of us, so could be worth getting a cab, anyone know what the traffic is like around KO? Will assume it's fine, as the last few away mid-weeks we've been to you'd not have known there was a game on before the match.
Is it that far from the town centre ? On my visit I remember walking from the train station to the ground & it was around 25 mins iirc..Definitely a couple of pubs nearby(though that was 10 years ago)

bootesful

Is it that far from the town centre ? On my visit I remember walking from the train station to the ground & it was around 25 mins iirc..Definitely a couple of pubs nearby(though that was 10 years ago)
You are correct, the Macc supporter's trust say it's 30 mins from the railway, but that's the edge of the town of Macclesfield, with fields and the Peak District to the east. Not many local boozers on Google maps now, the two closest are the Golden Lion (further away from the centre) and the Railway View (half-way between town and the ground). Wonder if anyone has experience of these? All the other good places seem to be in town centre.