• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lockdown photos while out exercising

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nice view Banksy, You've either got a insect on your lens or you've just captured a UFO on film!

Banksy

Now that is strange. Didn’t notice it when I transferred from the iPad!

Banksy

Nice view Banksy, You've either got a insect on your lens or you've just captured a UFO on film!
Strange isn’t it? As I said before , took it on the ipad.Think they’ve only pinprick lenses so no explanation! Having blown it up a bit it looks round , not like an insect.Now you’ve got me going as I definitely spotted an unidentifiable object in my previous life of an amateur astronomer.

Last edited:

DB9

Strange isn’t it? As I said before , took it on the ipad.Think they’ve only pinprick lenses so no explanation! Having blown it up a bit it looks round , not like an insect.Now you’ve got me going as I definitely spotted an unidentifiable object in my previous life of an amateur astronomer.
Time for Mulder and Skully then? 🤣

Legohead

Banned
Bit of a weird experience for me today. Headed out to Bridlington in the good old Riding of East Yorkshire. First time in 3 months we've left our immediate area really. It was busy but it's usually Scarborough and Whitby that bear the brunt of the tourist footfall with Filey and Bridlington often quieter. It was nothing like we've seen with Covidiots down in Dorset and Devon thankfully.

It was odd when I parked up on the sea front and got out of my car and saw people walking their dogs and ambling along as usual and it was easy to forget that you were still in the midst of a pandemic and still needed to keep away from people. Especially having been there hundreds of times before it felt like things were normal again but of course they aren't.

The queue for the chippy was it's usual stupid self and surprisingly the bogs had no queues. I had no cause to use them though as i'd not eaten anything all day just incase. I have bad IBS / IBD unfortunately.

People were still having ice creams and enjoying themselves on the beach but the huge funfair down the town end on the harbour which is usually pounding out ridiculous bleeps and squeaks techno music thus spoiling the atmos, it wasn't in operation due to the restrictions. The first time i'd experienced Brid without it since I was a kid and it was pretty weird but also miles better. Quieter. It's Brid, not Ibiza.

You might just be able to make out the ferris wheel in the background of this:

Spoonz Red E

You might just be able to make out the ferris wheel in the background of this:
🎡

Temporary holding post ;)

Legohead

Banned
🎡

Temporary holding post ;)

Haha thanks Spoonz. I'm having a few issues loading up the pics but i'll keep trying. That though, I have to say is an ample substitute for the real thing.

Legohead

Banned

We don't do rammed Covidiot beaches up here in Gods own country.

Legohead

Banned
The chalk cliffs to the north of Bempton and the RSPB reserve and Flamborough Head / Lighthouse are just around that headland. One of the good things about Brid is the abundance of sea smoothed chalk rocks and pebbles that adorn the beach. My kid likes to collect them and take some home and paint / decorate them. All free thanks to nature.

Legohead

Banned