• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lockdown photos while out exercising

GJW

11 miles cycled around to Instow and back. Nice to get out on the bike again. Need to do it more. Nice to be taking a picture the other way, from Instow to Appledore. Unfortunately no Hockings iced cream van☹ Today.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
No Hockings at Instow??? We really are in a lockdown!

Reactions: GJW

manc grecian

GJW

Is that a new planet in the top left of the first photo. Like a scene from Star Wars with a giant pink Death Star coming to destroy Exeter. Led by this person

manc grecian

Is that a new planet in the top left of the first photo. Like a scene from Star Wars with a giant pink Death Star coming to destroy Exeter.
😃 I was trying to balance on the kerb but was so knackered from pushing a pushchair up collins road that I fell forward at the moment of capture

Legohead

Banned
Are you even in lockdown GJW? If I lived where you did i'd just do what you do every day in lockdown and not much else anyway! :giggle:

GJW

I’m just sticking to the guidelines. Daily exercise, keeping 2m away from others (not difficult here) but not working at the moment. Start work again next week, albeit from home. Who knows what after that? Could be another furlough, voluntary leave of absence or worse. Have to wait and see. While I’m off I’m really enjoying exercise, discovery of new places and views nearby and obviously spending quality time with my family, who haven’t taken to being off school too badly. My wife occasionally goes in to Petroc if she has any students in but is mainly working from home. Not knowing what the future holds is a worry but if that comes I’ll just have to deal with it. I have learnt a lot in the last couple of months; what is really important and what you really need as a minimum to still have a happy life with your family and friends.
Beer has helped and reading my ECFC books and binge watching GoT. Still only on series 5.

Red Devon

Walk around the Burrows tonight. View from the Skern looking at Appledore and Instow at high tide. Shot of the newly built up pebble ridge to hold back the ocean from flooding the Burrows and Golf course (good luck with that) and a not very close up of a Stonechat. See a few of these on the Burrows. Make a call like two stones being tapped together.
On the Bike tomorrow, to go a bit further afield.
View attachment 2368View attachment 2369View attachment 2370
Skern Lodge must be closed at the minute... The Pebble Ridge estate was one of my customers when under construction too.

Red Devon

This one was from Monday’s ride

GJW

Skern Lodge must be closed at the minute... The Pebble Ridge estate was one of my customers when under construction too.
Looks closed at the moment. I walk past it when I walk to Appledore. Outdoor pursuits for children’s groups not an essential activity at the moment.
The new extended pebble ridge is a lot higher on the bend at the far end of the beach, although there is still an area of about 200m still at original height. At high tide it is very close to flooding the hole on the golf course (not sure the number of the hole. Don’t play golf).