• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Loan:Perm ratio

Leads

It's an issue again. This summer we'll have to replace four first choice loanees. Sinisalo,Rankine, Harris ,Woods.

FWIW I guess we'll be highly dependent on loans for the firstXI again next season.
Yup- no doubt we will get the maximum we can again. To me, having four starters who are on loan sounds high, but I understand why we do it. hopefully they all (or mostly) come good!

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's an issue again. This summer we'll have to replace four first choice loanees. Sinisalo,Rankine, Harris ,Woods.

FWIW I guess we'll be highly dependent on loans for the firstXI again next season.
If it's an issue for us it's an issue for pretty much every other club in league one. The vast majority of clubs at this level have loans of four at least and some in excess of that. It's how things are done now and for a club like ours works particularly well in being able to attract players of a higher quality than we otherwise would be able to. I'm looking forward to more players of the quality we have had this season once more

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
If it's an issue for us it's an issue for pretty much every other club in league one. The vast majority of clubs at this level have loans of four at least and some in excess of that. It's how things are done now and for a club like ours works particularly well in being able to attract players of a higher quality than we otherwise would be able to. I'm looking forward to more players of the quality we have had this season once more
IMO we need to be less reliant on loans and are right up the top with loan usage... it doesn't build anything

Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 15.35.26.png

Reactions: WXF

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
IMO we need to be less reliant on loans and are right up the top with loan usage... it doesn't build anything

View attachment 15377
However, one was Trevett replaced like for like by Harris and one was Admiral and he had to be replaced like for awful like by Eisa :love:

Grecian Max

However, one was Trevett replaced like for like by Harris and one was Admiral and he had to be replaced like for awful like by Eisa :love:
It's still loan signing upon loan signing though isn't it - our failure to sign a permanent forward in both the summer and Jan resulted in the above

It's also fair to assume other clubs had similar issues and we're not isolated in that

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's still loan signing upon loan signing though isn't it - our failure to sign a permanent forward in both the summer and Jan resulted in the above

It's also fair to assume other clubs had similar issues and we're not isolated in that
I think we were caught to a degree between a rock and a hard place last season due to losing our five best players in one hit and the sheer volume of L1 quality players we needed to recruit. I don't see that being anywhere near the issue this coming season so will be very surprised if we have more than four

Antony Moxey

View attachment 15377
This is true, but one less (if Trevitt wasn’t injured I guess we wouldn’t have gone for Harris, or the same for Muskwe and Eisa) and it puts us mid table in the loans table. I get what you’re saying, but I think that table and how our loanees panned out is quite misleading.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is true, but one less (if Trevitt wasn’t injured I guess we wouldn’t have gone for Harris, or the same for Muskwe and Eisa) and it puts us mid table in the loans table. I get what you’re saying, but I think that table and how our loanees panned out is quite misleading.
Agree with your general point, but the plan was definitely for Trevitt AND Harris in the same side

Grecian Max

As edwin says, we wanted Harris alongside Trevitt

This also assumes that no other club had the same issues, which isn't realistic

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
As edwin says, we wanted Harris alongside Trevitt

This also assumes that no other club had the same issues, which isn't realistic
On the other hand, we were in a bigger than average pickle with quality outgoings. Much easier to build from the base we've got now. Eg up front a 19 year old sonny with a season under his belt, plus Alli. Need more, but we've got a lot more than zero. Add a loan player to that is a reasonable balance