• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Liverpool FAC3rdR

Rog H K

Can it be done by train? Has it been decided if it is on the Tuesday 18th or Wednesday 19th yet? What time is KO? These things need to be sorted out!

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Doubt we can do it back by train on the day. Liverpool can't from us so I expect the same applies.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
last one is 21:34, there is a later one, but then you have to hang around chester for 4 hours, with a change at birmingham, between chester and exeter

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Doubt we can do it back by train on the day. Liverpool can't from us so I expect the same applies.
A couple of football specials went for the midweek game in Oct 1979..I doubt the logistics of a similar scenario could be done these days...We left at 1130 & departed Lime St at 2245 iirc....Not pleasant getting back to the station after the game.

Rog H K

Now to wait to see if it is Tuesday or Wednesday. Week commencing 18th. Hope Liverpool brought the replay tickets with them to save time.

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Liverpool have wasted no time and already released details of the pricing here.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Liverpool host Man Utd on Sunday January 17, so it'll be the Wednesday night.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Liverpool have wasted no time and already released details of the pricing here.
Are they allowed to do that? I thought both sides had to agree prices - didn't Charlton want to charge a fiver against us to try and get a bigger crowd but R&L did their one and only correct thing and told them to get stuffed.

£20 for adults - I wonder if we're happy with that.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Alas almost no chance of going, especially if it is Wednesday as expected.

Praying that the 6 all prem ties plus the games at everton, chlsea, man u, west brom and west ham end in a positive result so we have a chance of more TV coverage.

abertom

Are they allowed to do that? I thought both sides had to agree prices - didn't Charlton want to charge a fiver against us to try and get a bigger crowd but R&L did their one and only correct thing and told them to get stuffed.

£20 for adults - I wonder if we're happy with that.
Am sure I read somewhere that replay prices and logistics (apart from the exact day) have to be agreed between the clubs before the first tie. I would have thought that City wouldn't be too fussed about replay prices as that's a bonus and if it ensures a 35-40k plus attendance can't complain