• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Just read that the (publicly owned) Austrian Federal Railways are now running a service all the way from Vienna to Brussels for a mere £25:50 each way!!! :eek:
I'm looking at the sleeper service (Nightjet) from Brussels to Vienna and back and spend a day in Bratislava. Hard work but interesting and without any hotels not too expensive.

There was supposed to be sleepers to the continent from London called Nightstar, would have been brilliant. Going to sleep in England and waking up in Rome!

Legohead

Banned
China. More of a big thing that annoys me though.

GJW

Vegetarian ‘meat’ substitutes. Please stop pretending to be meat. You don’t taste like meat. Stop trying to be burgers, steaks, meatballs and sausages and invent your own non-meat product description (i.e. vegetarian blob, vegetarian splat, vegetarian thingy.

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
China. More of a big thing that annoys me though.
Do you mean the country? Or stuff made out of porcelain, etc?

LOG

It’s in his hands, Stroudy.

Legohead

Banned
Vegetarian ‘meat’ substitutes. Please stop pretending to be meat. You don’t taste like meat. Stop trying to be burgers, steaks, meatballs and sausages and invent your own non-meat product description (i.e. vegetarian blob, vegetarian splat, vegetarian thingy.
What people don't realize is that most of these meat substitutes are possibly more unhealthy than eating good quality meat. Often the salt content is through the roof. Often they rely on heavy use of GM ingredients such as soy. Soy is an endocrine disruptor and not that healthy. Often they use mycoprotein which is a lab grown fungus and over consumption can cause health issues. Often they contain multiple fillers and emulsifiers and contain more than the 5 ingredients permitted on the rule. The rule being if something has more than 5 ingredients then it's likely to be not very good for you.

Personally I feel if you are going to become vegetarian then just eat natural food and not something manufactured to make it look and taste like meat.

Any food stuff that is manufactured isn't likely to be of great health benefit. It's all just a craze.

fred binneys head

The recent Lloyds Bank advert with those two black horses. The lyrics to the song are "no matter what you're going through, I will look after you" and there's some lovely footage of the big horse looking after the little horse. Then they get to a frozen lake and the self-centred b@stard of a big horse gets the little horse to walk over the lake first, to check it's thick enough to walk on. "I will look after you" my £ucking arse. "I will send you in front whenever I think we might be in danger, because I'm a selfish tw&t" more like.

Alistair20000

The recent Lloyds Bank advert with those two black horses. The lyrics to the song are "no matter what you're going through, I will look after you" and there's some lovely footage of the big horse looking after the little horse. Then they get to a frozen lake and the self-centred b@stard of a big horse gets the little horse to walk over the lake first, to check it's thick enough to walk on. "I will look after you" my £ucking arse. "I will send you in front whenever I think we might be in danger, because I'm a selfish tw&t" more like.
#stillfuming then Freddie ?

fred binneys head

Is it that obvious? Clinton £uckign Morrison up front? Jesus wept.

Spoonz Red E

Is it that obvious? Clinton £uckign Morrison up front? Jesus wept.
He was testing the strength of the Liverpool defence for the elephant in the room.