• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

GJW

Wow, it let me type person.

GJW

Went for a walk today and saw all this crap. Just in case you’re wondering. Not random, every bloody day.

Legohead

Banned
After posting a positive review on a hotel(fb site)
A few months later a goon replys(not from the hotel) that I must be joking & mentions some political nonsense(the owners were Arab apparently & there was some trouble with a Jewish group,when I investigated online)

Why the fkcu would that carp be of interest to me from 6,000 miles away !

The hotel was in Santa Monica Ca.
Reminds me of an experience I had on a travel review site. So yes. Weirdo's and freaks. They definitely annoy me.

I quite enjoyed posting reviews on the site and after a while I discovered that I had someone 'following' me and my reviews. Freaked me out so I stopped reviewing.

If anyone can shed any light on why anybody in their right mind would want to randomly follow a reviewer on a travel site then please let me know as it's f****** weird IMO.

How does the follower know where i will be going next? And will they be going as a result of my review? Why would they want to know where i'd been? In short it's bloody oddball stuff.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Reminds me of an experience I had on a travel review site. So yes. Weirdo's and freaks. They definitely annoy me.

I quite enjoyed posting reviews on the site and after a while I discovered that I had someone 'following' me and my reviews. Freaked me out so I stopped reviewing.

If anyone can shed any light on why anybody in their right mind would want to randomly follow a reviewer on a travel site then please let me know as it's f****** weird IMO.

How does the follower know where i will be going next? And will they be going as a result of my review? Why would they want to know where i'd been? In short it's bloody oddball stuff.
There are some ‘strange cats’out there Lego 😁

You should see some of the random followers I get on Twitter..Usually nubile young ladies offering all sorts of ‘photo opportunities’..I don’t engage( if you are wondering 😎) & they disappear after a week or so.

Legohead

Banned
This is why I don't use social media like twitter, facebook etc as I don't like giving anything away in public and any tom, dick and harry knowing where I work etc etc etc. I find this freely revealed information by vast swathes of the public also pretty weird.

I read some articles about people who use social media frequently consider people who DON'T use any social media platforms as weirdos and freaks as it's considered the norm now to divulge your life on the internet for everyone to see apparently.

They also claim that because non users of various social media platforms DON'T use them and thus actively restrict information about their lives to others then somehow they have something to hide and that indicates they are a bit weird and are all potential nutters.

This is despite us all living like this pre the year 2000. Were we ALL weird then before the invention of social media?

I'm a tad weird yes but the reason i don't have any social media public profiles is because firstly i value my own privacy fiercely and secondly, if i'm considered weird then i know for a fact that there are many, many people out there a hell of a lot weirder than i am. A scary thought. ;):ROFLMAO:

Alistair20000

You should see some of the random followers I get on Twitter..Usually nubile young ladies offering all sorts of ‘photo opportunities’..I don’t engage( if you are wondering 😎) & they disappear after a week or so.
**Considers opening a Twatter account**

geoffwp

Wow, it let me type person.
No doubt that loophole will soon be closed and it'll come up as 'sillyperson' or 'darnedwit'. Re the dogsh it problem, people who bag it up then chuck the bag away or hang it on a branch. FFS people, that's even worse as it can't organically disperse in a plastic bag. Can't be bothered to carry it home the toe rags!😡

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
No doubt that loophole will soon be closed and it'll come up as 'sillyperson' or 'darnedwit'. Re the dogsh it problem, people who bag it up then chuck the bag away or hang it on a branch. FFS people, that's even worse as it can't organically disperse in a plastic bag. Can't be bothered to carry it home the toe rags!😡
Could be worse mate , I took the kids up Haldon with their new bikes one time and thought there was a new type of tree that grew condoms !

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
No doubt that loophole will soon be closed and it'll come up as 'sillyperson' or 'darnedwit'.
Needs something better! :)

geoffwp

Needs something better! :)
...and it's COMPETITION TIME!!