• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Radio ads with car horns in them when I'm driving my car
The times I have looked around when that has happened. !!

The Oscars...FFS it gets more self indulgent every year..The usual pontificating.
The coverage given in this country is so out of kilter with the general publics interest.
Nice little beano for the reporters though 😎

DB9

The Oscars...FFS it gets more self indulgent every year..The usual pontificating.
The coverage given in this country is so out of kilter with the general publics interest.
No wonder that the ratings are at an all time low in the US, The sight of all that back slapping and pontificating on telling us "Little People" how we should live our lives is nauseating.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
No wonder that the ratings are at an all time low in the US, The sight of all that back slapping and pontificating on telling us "Little People" how we should live our lives is nauseating.
I remember when the Oscars were about who was best at making movies an' stuff. Now it's all about whether a particular quota has been fulfilled (and if not, we'll make a song and dance about it - often literally) and how woke the winners are.

Oldsmobile-88

The hypocrisy of having Eminem perform at the event.😁
I doubt he sang any of his early ditties about beating women up or a few other unsavoury lyrics about LBGT people..But even so.
He’s ok now because I expect he hates Trump..😎

Legohead

Banned
Eminem is a complete f**wit. That's actually a fact. ;) People who think his music is good slightly less so but i'd doubt by much.

A bit tongue in cheek of course but how anyone can find his 'music' listenable is beyond human comprehension.

Last edited:

IndoMike

I wish I'd chosen to be an actor. I was really good playing Billy the Kid with my friends in the playground at infant school. Even now I do a good "angry poster".
If they feel so strongly about things then do a Marlon Brando and refuse the Oscar.
This "hoiier than thou" image takes the biscuit.

IndoMike

Eminem is a complete f**wit. That's actually a fact. ;) People who think his music is good slightly less so but i'd doubt by much.

A bit tongue in cheek of course but how anyone can find his 'music' listenable is beyond human comprehension.
I like some of his songs and the lyrics are put together well, but yep, he"s not exactly politically correct.
Singers and actors are famous for their artistic performances, not for being lovely people. Some of them are really good people (Keanu Reeve) and some ars*hol*s.
So you can really like somebody's music or acting but think they"re an ars*hol* at the same time

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It's amused me no end the amount of people complaining that Parasite, a Korean film, with Korean actors and shot in Korea is in a foreign language and should have been in English! Actually it's not a foreign language, it's their language. Anyway, having missed the unlimited screening a couple of weeks ago, am looking forward to seeing it soon.

Grecian2K

This "hoiier than thou" image takes the biscuit.
Ah, but what sort of biscuit?
You of all people should know by now that this type of detail is fundamental to Exeweb?

IndoMike

Ah, but what sort of biscuit?
You of all people should know by now that this type of detail is fundamental to Exeweb?
I wouldn't want to name names.