• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

cannockred

Hi Shabba,

All retailers are responsible for the merchandise they sell. They cant hide behind ' Ok i will send it back to the manufacturers to see what they say'. All retailers have a duty of care as mentioned above.

Say you buy a white label package from tesco, who made it, could be anyone of several. All retailers, especially food retailers, should be able to demonstrate due diligence. Say for instance you buy some fresh meat from a butcher, the butcher should be able to show that the meat was delivered at the correct temperature, stored at the correct temperature and displayed for an appropriate time.

If the meat was left outside for whatever reason, it is not the suppliers fault and the covering paperwork will show the 'lifecycle' of the product.

Always take the item back to where it was purchased. I work in the food industry, from a catering point of view, and the paperwork is staggering :-(

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
How are they at fault? Tesco do not pack the products? Yes, they are the person you complain to, and Tesco will then go to the supplier/manufacturer with a complaint, which could then result in a recall. But for people to say 'this is typical of the supermarket or the supermarket get worse, is absolutely ridiculous. If you were buying a meal from their cafe and the food was cold then yes it is their fault in not ensuring the staff send out a decent meal. But they cannot be blamed for something that is completely out of their control.
They should have quality control procedures in place to check this. As Cannock says they have a duty of care, just because someone else manufactured the item doesn't mean that Tesco aren't responsible for it. If those quality controls aren't in place, or aren't being followed, then it's perfectly acceptable that people complain.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I must be extremely unusual, cos if I've bought a product that isn't fresh food and I have a problem with it, then I contact the company who made it direct.
Does not compute.

So, if you buy a Panasonic TV from Curry's, you get it home and it doesn't work, you contact Panasonic rather than just taking it back to the shop?

Grecian2K

Does not compute.

So, if you buy a Panasonic TV from Curry's, you get it home and it doesn't work, you contact Panasonic rather than just taking it back to the shop?
To be fair, it can sometime be difficult to make contact again with the sellers at car boot sales, so the manufacturer is probably the better option!

iscalad

Does not compute.

How much is it to call Japan these days? :)
Panasonic Corporation, formerly known as Matsu****a Electric Industrial Co., Ltd., is a Japanese multinational electronics corporation headquartered in Kadoma, Osaka, Japan.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
In line with current discussion how did it get in to a box of cornflakes?
http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/Devon-boy-finds-condom-box-cornflakes/story-23074374-detail/story.html

Grecian2K

Its OK if it "snapped and crackled" but let's hope it didn't "pop"

LOG

From their response, it sounds like they're trying to cover it up.

StroudGrecian

From their response, it sounds like they're trying to cover it up.
They're just trying to protect themselves.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Corporate taxi drivers are my favourite bugbear at the moment.

I travel a lot with work and my employer very kindly transport us to the airport in 'executive taxis' . Usually Jag X Types, Merc E Class, BMW 5 Series, Audi A6/A8 etc.

The driving standard of these taxis is without exception horrendous. Far from being a relaxing experiencing travelling to (or worse, from) the airport in relative luxury we're treated to the worst lane discipline, cutting up of other drivers, erratic speed (really fast or really slow) and more. Of course complaining has no effect whatsoever.

I can't wait for my next trips the week after next. :S