• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Having to renew the car tax (Road fund licence) £170!! 😡
That's not going to fund many potholes repairs :) Nor bridges.

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
The announcer on the tv who keeps saying " next on Filum 4 " The word is FILM not Filum !! learn to speak properly or get another job where you don't have to say complicated words !

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
The announcer on the tv who keeps saying " next on Filum 4 " The word is FILM not Filum !! learn to speak properly or get another job where you don't have to say complicated words !
My first "real" boss - an ex army major with a top public school background - always pronounced it as "fillum".
I can only assume that this was as a result of the bulk of his military service being spent in India.

Spoonz Red E

Wait until she has to announce this one...

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
My first "real" boss - an ex army major with a top public school background - always pronounced it as "fillum".
I can only assume that this was as a result of the bulk of his military service being spent in India.
This more down to what I can hear her voice having an Irish twang to it. It does seem that quite a lot of tv shows are using people from oop north as well to announce the shows.

Grecian2K

This more down to what I can hear her voice having an Irish twang to it. It does seem that quite a lot of tv shows are using people from oop north as well to announce the shows.
Well, "my" Mr G***** was about as upper-middle class Olde English as you could get.
I guess it's proof that "every rule has it's exceptions".

DB9

Having some time off work and you get a heavy cold!! 😡

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
Having some time off work and you get a heavy cold!! 😡
Having to take time off work due to surgery on Friday and I'm bored already ! In fact I was bored by Saturday

DB9

Having to take time off work due to surgery on Friday and I'm bored already ! In fact I was bored by Saturday
if you've had surgery mate, No matter how bored you are stick with it, Probably safer to. Hope it went all well, Makes my cold seem petty. :)

Radio Free Skaro

The weather...