• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lincoln City v Exeter City Match day thread!!

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I agree for sure - often at Cheltenham that happens in the away end.
Makes a note to take my walking stick to Cheltenham to make sure I can give someone a clip round the ear, if need be.

iscalad

Anybody point me in the direction of the match day thread?
It's standing over there.

fred binneys head

So why didn't those who wanted to stand move back, rather than standing in front of those who were seated? Smacks of Miss Trunchbull in Matilda - "I'm right, you're wrong, I'm big, you're small".
The person who had the problem arrived after the people who were standing. I know this for a fact as she went past me.

geoffwp

You’re wrong - many local authorised allow standing in seated areas. It Was never a designated rule (all the way back to the initial implementation) that you had to sit in your seat. So if you want wave your rule sheet, perhaps read it first.

As for your covid/civil rules nonsense are you having a laugh? You know nothing about me you pleb 😂
Getting a bit hot under the collar there Max. Sit yourself down a sec while you calm.😆

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
This debate is crying out for a photo / diagram / detailed description of exactly where the 'sitter' was seated in the away end.
Agreed. Max and Hants have signally failed to answer the question about where the people who complained about people standing in front of them were seated.

* If they were in the back few rows and immediately behind the goal I have some sympathy with this PoV and agree the complainers should have realised that that's where the vocal standing fans always congregate been prepared to be flexible.

* If they were halfway to the front but people still wanted to stand in front of them I don't, the standees should have moved.

* If it was somewhere between these situations then it's a more nuanced argument.

What's the answer?

I think 1,000 seats were available and there were 579 City fans present, so some flexibility was clearly possible; the question is - who has to show the flexibility?. Waiting to be convinced.

IndoMike

Worth a read. Not illegal.
So when you attend a match in effect you are making a contract whereby the club could chuck you out if you insisted on standing. Is that right? Yes, or no?

fred binneys head

The row the complainant was sat in was between halfway and two thirds up, to the right of the goal. I got to my seat with my son and his GF at about 2.40pm and she arrived a few minutes after that. By then there were already loads of people stood up around us, including the group in front of us who were the ones she asked to sit down later on.

I sat down to start with as I was eating my chips, but then I stood. Before I did so, I checked behind me and everyone behind me was stood, so I knew I wouldn’t be impeding anyone’s view. I then asked my son and his GF if they would prefer to sit as, if so, we’d just move down two or three rows where there were plenty of free seats. They were happy to stand, so we did. The atmosphere was great.

I can’t remember exactly but I think it was about 10 minutes in when the woman in question came over and asked the people in front of us to sit down and they refused. It might have been later than that though. It’s worth saying, they started by being perfectly polite and explaining that there were loads of empty seats with great views and everyone sitting, but the complainant wasn’t having any of it. She wanted to stay in her seat but everyone in front of her to sit down. She was also being polite, but the conversation became heated when neither side backed down, as you can imagine.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Getting a bit hot under the collar there Max. Sit yourself down a sec while you calm.😆
I think Max didn't see that I asked him a question, I didn't make a judgment .
It's a good argument, though.
PS. I don't think Max has any seating in his home : it's all standing.😉

IndoMike

The row the complainant was sat in was between halfway and two thirds up, to the right of the goal. I got to my seat with my son and his GF at about 2.40pm and she arrived a few minutes after that. By then there were already loads of people stood up around us, including the group in front o
The row the complainant was sat in was between halfway and two thirds up, to the right of the goal. I got to my seat with my son and his GF at about 2.40pm and she arrived a few minutes after that. By then there were already loads of people stood up around us, including the group in front of us who were the ones she asked to sit down later on.

I sat down to start with as I was eating my chips, but then I stood. Before I did so, I checked behind me and everyone behind me was stood, so I knew I wouldn’t be impeding anyone’s view. I then asked my son and his GF if they would prefer to sit as, if so, we’d just move down two or three rows where there were plenty of free seats. They were happy to stand, so we did. The atmosphere was great.

I can’t remember exactly but I think it was about 10 minutes in when the woman in question came over and asked the people in front of us to sit down and they refused. It might have been later than that though. It’s worth saying, they started by being perfectly polite and explaining that there were loads of empty seats with great views and everyone sitting, but the complainant wasn’t having any of it. She wanted to stay in her seat but everyone in front of her to sit down. She was also being polite, but the conversation became heated when neither side backed down, as you can imagine.
Unwittingly you're highlighting the problem. Because there were no clearly defined standing areas, an unpleasant scene arose.

iscalad

I have no problem with people standing in front of me at 2.45. 3.01 is a different matter.
Gonna have to disagree big time over this.