• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Like many others on here...............

exeips

We're missing something somewhere, but i haven't worked out what yet.
Humps in the goalmouth?

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm sorry for elbowing in on your argument but it seems you require an objective opinion.

I = subjective

It = objective

e.g.
I think/ I feel that the sun is hot - subjective
The sun is hot - objective
Your opinion may well have been objective but it is none the less wrong, ob and sub are conditional forms of analysis, "The sun is hot" is a statement of fact, albeit a subjective one, the sun is f*cking hot would be more objective.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Being a miserable fecker, I do have some sort of niggling doubt at the back of my mind.
Know what you mean. Billy Jones as a central defender.

Poultice

Humps in the goalmouth?
Who did ? Somebody has broken the new pitches duck and there was no video available, would have sold well in what used to be the club shop.

alsatian cousin

ob and sub are conditional forms of analysis, "The sun is hot" is a statement of fact, albeit a subjective one
You are hilarious.

In your own words, "your are as thick as f**k".

I rather think that says it all.

exeips

Think we need another centre back & some comp for Tully at rightback/wingback....
I kind of agree with you Creds, maybe Tiz thinks Bennett & Furzer are ready to take the step up if called upon? Rightback I definitely agree with you on, last year I thought Duffy was going to step in & take Tully's spot but whenever he played there he didn't look comfortable & Tully game improved(as it has done every year he's been here).

Grecian Max

Ha ******** got burned :)

LOG

Know what you mean. Billy Jones as a central defender.
Whilst, i do think that we need another CB, i also think that Keith can do a job back there.

I think, and this is what happens when i think, that it may be easy for us to be found out. Last season's niggle of no plan B remains, possibly more so now given the personnel we have compared to then.

Also, beyond Taylor and maybe Tully, i wonder who we have that will feature regularly who is something of a leader, someone who can not only get stuck in themselves, but who can give others a proverbial kick up the arse. From what i've seen in the PSFs, and yes they're only friendlies, there are some who look like their heads will drop quicker than Gillian Taylforth's in a Range Rover.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I kind of agree with you Creds, maybe Tiz thinks Bennett & Furzer are ready to take the step up if called upon? Rightback I definitely agree with you on, last year I thought Duffy was going to step in & take Tully's spot but whenever he played there he didn't look comfortable & Tully game improved(as it has done every year he's been here).
i like Tully , nobody can question his effort and so forth , but id like to see someone there especially if he is going to be wingback again who can cross the ball better , thompson may well play there but then im not convinced he will defend as well.....a mix of the two would be ideal for that position , tulls is a solid player but i think compared with others he's under little threat or competition for his place....

If troy was fit i wouldnt worry as you would have him and Edwards as backup , but without him id like to see another cenner half in on loan even just untill everyone is fit.

Poultice

Ha ******** got burned :)
You think so Maxxie ?

Burned by a guy with a box of crayons and a dog fondler with 26 posts ?

Mind you if I thought your burned comment related to the whole sun thing then I should be impressed, but we know that ain't the case, don't we ?