• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lift to Soton needed

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just discovered that my Dad isn't actually going to this one. As he was going to drive and I'm a bit worried that I'll be still over the limit in the morning and don't want to risk getting nicked for DUI, I'm looking for a lift. Happy to chip in for fuel of course.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
What about someone who is fully comp who isnt going out in the night to drive your car ? Just a thought

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
What about someone who is fully comp who isnt going out in the night to drive your car ? Just a thought
It's possible, although my car isn't exactly economical so would be expensive.....and I'm not sure how well I'd deal with someone driving my car.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
East Devon Grecians 15 quid, i think.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sorry Jan, full car.

Just out of interest which way do people recommend to drive there, up the 303 and through Salisbury or using the A35?

southamptongrecian

Sorry Jan, full car.

Just out of interest which way do people recommend to drive there, up the 303 and through Salisbury or using the A35?
Ive used both routes when going to friends in torquay, and theres not a lot to chose between the two.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I usually go A35, although neither are particularly fun drives.

bsmaff

Sorry Jan, full car.

I usually go the Dorcester route which I think is the A303 but not sure.
But there isn't much difference between them at all.
If you go the A35 via Salisbury watch out for mobile units about 15-20 mins before you get near Salisbury.

Also if you need somewhere nice to park let me know I live in some flats with a private car park, just PM me and I will give you the details. It is about a 5 min walk from the ground.

Oldsmobile-88

Sorry Jan, full car.

The A35/A31 is usually rhe best shout Sturtz.....

Oldsmobile-88

I usually go the Dorcester route which I think is the A35
But there isn't much difference between them at all.
If you go the A303 via Salisbury watch out for mobile units about 15-20 mins before you get near Salisbury.
Edited for accuracy....

Indeed there is a mobile unit on the dual carriageway just as the A303 skirts Wiltshire..A well known money spinner for Wiltshire plod,for the unwary who do not have a eagle eye on their speedometer