• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Life without Sam (for a bit)

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Exactly, can't help thinking we need to copy what Northampton do so well and go back to making ourselves very organised and hard to score against.
I'd agree with this. I know MT got a little agitated a couple of weeks back when Craig Bratt (media) asked if he was concerned about the lack of clean sheets, but it was a legitimate question and is clearly an issue. Our last clean sheet in the league was September 18th vs Sutton.

We still find ways to concede goals even when we are on top of teams which to be honest has been our achilles heel for the last 3 years having gone through a host of different CB's.

Still a long way to go though and I thought Amond spoke well in his interview after the game as well. December is going to be a difficult month now and hopefully we can stay in and around it and look to hopefully make 1-2 signings in January, although it never seems to be a good transfer month for us.

Big game Saturday now!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd agree with this. I know MT got a little agitated a couple of weeks back when Craig Bratt (media) asked if he was concerned about the lack of clean sheets, but it was a legitimate question and is clearly an issue. Our last clean sheet in the league was September 18th vs Sutton.

We still find ways to concede goals even when we are on top of teams which to be honest has been our achilles heel for the last 3 years having gone through a host of different CB's.

Still a long way to go though and I thought Amond spoke well in his interview after the game as well. December is going to be a difficult month now and hopefully we can stay in and around it and look to hopefully make 1-2 signings in January, although it never seems to be a good transfer month for us.

Big game Saturday now!
When it works well our the speed and movement up front is brilliant to watch but sometimes it feels like we just need to be a little more pragmatic. Northampton can't match us for flair in attack but are above us in the table because they concede very few goals and are very good at making the most of set pieces.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
One of the side benefits for Big Sam upon his return will be more accurate crossing, as Podge isn't as active as Sam, he is still a Fox in the box, and like last night feed him the ammo and he will deliver, slightly wayward and opportunity will be lost.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I like Jevani, but if he was voted MotM last night I have no idea how. FWIW thought MJ put in a more-than-decent shift.
See post #2 😉

If we're going to continue to play the same way even though Nombe is missing then Key is a prime candidate for the role.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do you mean Brown who was voted MOM?
And who the hell voted for that! To be honest, Brown played fairly well last night, but my point is that he’s one of our main attackers and only has 1 goal. He needs to improve on this, which is a fair comment IMO.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

Big game Saturday now!
I expect Stubbs will play vs Pompey in the cup and if he comes through that ok, I can see him getting some league starts at the expense of Sweeney.

But as you say, big game Saturday. If we get 3 points everything will be rosy again…Another loss and people will be getting very restless all of a sudden!!

ExmouthMart

With Nombe out for a considerable time, could we not bring in someone without a club on some sort of short term deal?! Don’t know who but you always hear of these players struggling to find a club or controversially and slightly tongue in cheek don’t we have a ’striker’ doing a bit of coaching at the club already?!.……

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
With Nombe out for a considerable time, could we not bring in someone without a club on some sort of short term deal?! Don’t know who but you always hear of these players struggling to find a club or controversially and slightly tongue in cheek don’t we have a ’striker’ doing a bit of coaching at the club already?!.……
If they've been without a club since the start of the season it'd take longer to get them fit than it would Nombe to get fit.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Problem with that is they need to be match fit. If they aren't with a club they won't have been training. Unfortunately our need is now. I fear we will have to make do until January, Unfortunately at the time of year when there are lots of games against fellow promotion sides

ExmouthMart

I am a bit worried, like everyone else probably, anymore injuries and we are going to be in trouble going forward. Literally. Seymour is clearly not good enough. So then what?! Hopefully the budget will allow a purchase in January without having to sell Jay or Key but what about the here and now?! We matched Northampton in parts of the game, okay we weren’t helped by soft goals but we didn’t look like we were ever going to get the better of them. Could be a difficult part of the season coming up.