• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Liam Sercombe

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
......ready for league football ?

Are you mad ?

That finish, all class and finesse, not to mention big hairy cahones, bring on the Championship.

Simples

Red the Paper

Banned
Re: Liam Sercombe, pronounced sir combe, not...

League class...hell yes

LammieLammieLammie

It was interesting hearing Deano talk after the game. He was saying that he thought Liam is more than capable of playing a higher level already.

I think on another thread I said I thought one of the most pleasing things for me on Saturday was the way he went into that 50/50.

Pete Martin (CTID)

He plays league football inadequately, therefore, at the moment, he is not league standard.
Love it!! :D

LammieLammieLammie

everyones entitled to an opinion Pete...

Oli

It was interesting hearing Deano talk after the game. He was saying that he thought Liam is more than capable of playing a higher level already.
Don't all footballers say that though? I have given up valuing the opinion of anyone active in the game since they all have a lot of self interest.

Ex-pros are a lot more interesting.

Poultice

Thinking on I am a bit surprised that nobody on the matchday thread picked it out other than to say it was not as good as his goal at Vale.

IMHO Saturdays strike was infinitely better than the Vale one for one reason, aplomb. Vale was a good run past a couple of defenders, a decent shot, but a tad dodgy cos of the deflection, this one just oozed class. Don't be sucked in by the fact that he was unmarked and barely a gnats nudger out, look at the act itself, fecking sublime.

Simples.

Poultice

Each to his own, probably a more appropriate subject for the Social Club methinks.

Simples.

LammieLammieLammie

Don't all footballers say that though? I have given up valuing the opinion of anyone active in the game since they all have a lot of self interest.

Do you really think so? i think a few of them are a bit out of touch.

Agree with Poult about the goal. Top finish, better than Vale becasue as you say the Vale goal was slightly deflected...

Last edited:

manc grecian

My one criticism is that he didnt dive into the crowd when he scored. Think he caught a glimpse of Looby and Shabba and decided against it.

He has everything he needs to succeed at the moment just lacks a bit of self belief. That will come though.