• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Leon Clarke - reliable sauce

Cerbera

I recall Clarke from his time on loan at Kiddy Harriers.

Then overweight and uninterested.Now add overpaid.

Move along....
Indeed, too much ketchup perhaps.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
If he was to be managed by someone with a completely different personality to himself (Tis for example) might he not perform better both as a person and consequently as a player?
How did that work with Barry Corr ?

Well-known Exeweb poster

FAN-TATIC

How did that work with Barry Corr ?
There are always exceptions to the rule Poults in any walk of life.

I did not make a statement of fact I asked a question.

Dont touch him,his attitude is bigger than his weight,he was awful at Argyle and he would bleed you lot,he thinks he is a big time Charlie,not what you lot are about.....

Poultice

I did not make a statement of fact I asked a question.
As did I.

Raising the subject as you did implied the usual sun shines out of the Cheesy Rectal orifice syndrome was in operation when, imho, he has no history of dealing with so called problem players in a successful manner, the implication therefore being somewhat disingenuous.

Of course it could be that I have inferred this incorrectly and that you agree with me that The Cheese should avoid talented but edgy players as he can't manage them.

Great for harmony in the camp, but not so good on the results front.

FAN-TATIC

As did I.

Raising the subject as you did implied the usual sun shines out of the Cheesy Rectal orifice syndrome was in operation when, imho, he has no history of dealing with so called problem players in a successful manner, the implication therefore being somewhat disingenuous.

Of course it could be that I have inferred this incorrectly and that you agree with me that The Cheese should avoid talented but edgy players as he can't manage them.

Great for harmony in the camp, but not so good on the results front.
I believe that I answered your question Poults by stating their is always an exception to the rule. From the knowledge that I have Tisdale tried very hard to get Corr to comply with Club discipline but he simply would not listen and began to be a disruptive influence and it was for that reason that Corr was released.

Tisdale, until recently has done very well by "avoiding" difficult to manage players. I accept that there is clear evidence to show that when he has a problem player attitude wise he doesn't waste any time in getting shot of them. Which is exactly what Di Canio did.

It looks as if Clarke will be joining Chesterfield and it will be interesting to see how Sheridan handles him.

I do not believe that Tisdale is beyond criticism. There are things that he does that I find difficult to understand. However, I like to think that I am a fair minded person who gives credit where credit is due. I believe that Tisdale has proved himself to be a good manager who most players would love to work for. There are of course exceptions and clashes of personality causes problems in any walk if life. Sometimes, no matter how hard one may try to overcome these problems a solution isn't found due to the fact that one or the other doesn't want to find one. When that happens it is time to move on.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
He moaned the trained too hard....**** off fella your hardly down the coal mine.

FAN-TATIC

He moaned the trained too hard....**** off fella your hardly down the coal mine.
Who are you referring to Credy? Are you saying Corr complained that they trained too hard and that is why he was told to **** off?

Serious question

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Who are you referring to Credy? Are you saying Corr complained that they trained too hard and that is why he was told to **** off?

Serious question
No the lad Clarke.