• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lee Hughes released

Cravat

from prison after serving 3 years of a 6 year sentence in 2007.

Now look at him, scored goals for fun in League 2.

Would you sign him up?

Last edited:

Pobbop

No!!!

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yep anyday and 90% of people on here would be celebrating every goal he scored for us as well but wouldn't admit it on here.

Quality striker at this level despite his utterly stupid and cowardly off-field antics.

Pobbop

Yep anyday and 90% of people on here would be celebrating every goal he scored for us as well but wouldn't admit it on here.

Quality striker at this level despite his utterly stupid and cowardly off-field antics.
More important things then goals, would drag our name through the mud, and lose any feelings of good-will towards this club, I'd resign from the Trust right away.

Grecian_Jay

More important things then goals, would drag our name through the mud, and lose any feelings of good-will towards this club, I'd resign from the Trust right away.
And this is the reason why we will always be limited. It is all well and good being so nicey nicey but sometimes it will hinder you.

Respect your opinion though, although withdrawing from the trust might be a bit far IMO.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
And this is the reason why we will always be limited. It is all well and good being so nicey nicey but sometimes it will hinder you.

Respect your opinion though, although withdrawing from the trust might be a bit far IMO.
There are plenty of players that score goals and aren't criminals.

Grecian_Jay

There are plenty of players that score goals and aren't criminals.
Yes and we have none of them so Lee Hughes would be most welcome. Rather him than Barry Corr or Ryan Taylor anyday.

PINHOE RED

There is already a thread for random transfer targets, the more random the better it would appear!

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes and we have none of them so Lee Hughes would be most welcome. Rather him than Barry Corr or Ryan Taylor anyday.
What makes you think he would be so easy to sign and isn't on a higher wage than both of those players put together?

Grecian_Jay

What makes you think he would be so easy to sign and isn't on a higher wage than both of those players put together?
There is no way in hell we could sigin him, I'm guessing he is on £5000k p/w plus. I don't think we could ever sign him.

But that wasn't the question was it? It was, 'Would you sign him?' And I would.