• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One - 2024/25

Boyo

I'm not, but statistically we were the least visited last season, despite not being the highest total mileage (Carlisle were). Though they would have been boosted by a bigger away end to house the likes of Bolton and Blackpool
Is there a source for this please?

I recall that Bolton took 3,000 fans to Carlisle. That would have certainly boosted Carlisle's average.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is there a source for this please?

I recall that Bolton took 3,000 fans to Carlisle. That would have certainly boosted Carlisle's average.
1000000110.jpg

andrew p long

Iirc that coincided with Ollie's move to Villa Park from Brentford.
Indeed. Barkley made his Villa debut in the Aston Villa 7 Liverpool 2 game.

Scorers - Watkins 3,Grealish 2, McGinn and Barkley for Villa. Salah(2) for Liverpool

andrew p long

Wow! Not looking good this season as we'll be the longest trip of the season for Birmingham City and presumably all the teams north of them. Can't blame many of those fans for deciding to choose SJP as a game to miss.

Boyo

Those figures are nuts! Derby had c20,000 more away fans visiting compared to us, over the course of the season. At say £20 spend per head, that's £400,000 difference. Again it highlights what a disadvantage our geography is to us.

Thanks for sharing.

tom_ecfc

Those figures are nuts! Derby had c20,000 more away fans visiting compared to us, over the course of the season. At say £20 spend per head, that's £400,000 difference. Again it highlights what a disadvantage our geography is to us.

Thanks for sharing.
And also the limited away end capacity of when away fans sell out at SJP.

denzel

Thanks for sharing.
The one positive is that the likes of Derby and Bolton have massive upkeep levels fir their stadia, which may exceed the 400k away fans income

Exehausted

Thanks for sharing.
On the other hand and just playing devils advocate here, we could use it to our advantage. I know with FA Cup games we have to offer a percentage of the ground (25%?) to away fans but not for League games. Given the amount of times we sold out the home allocation last season but not the away, can't we find a way to put temporary barriers in the away end to provide more space for home fans. Also, reduce the seating from 300 to 150 if it's allowed on a permanent basis except for Cup games. If clubs like Rovers moan, we can hide behind "we are the least visited club in the Division because of where we are" so tough! Of course there might be rules to stop any of that, but I'm in that sort of mood this morning, as unusually I have a couple of hours free.

Antony Moxey

And also the limited away end capacity of when away fans sell out at SJP.
Everyone says that, but how many times do we actually sell out the away end - two, maybe three times a season? We are pretty much everyone’s furthest trip, which is why we averaged the least amount of away fans. We could give the away fans the entire ground and it wouldn’t make that much difference to our average away attendance.

Boyo

Everyone says that, but how many times do we actually sell out the away end - two, maybe three times a season? We are pretty much everyone’s furthest trip, which is why we averaged the least amount of away fans. We could give the away fans the entire ground and it wouldn’t make that much difference to our average away attendance.
Six times last season I believe: Reading, Rovers, Pompey, Derby, Charlton and Oxford.