• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One - 2023/24

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good job we rested our players on Saturday!
Any chance we can rest manager as well !

Bridgy 81

Any chance we can rest manager as well !
I like your dedicated support of our club GiG (and appreciate some of your comments are a bit tongue in cheek) but maybe give our boss a break?
I reckon since he’s taken over he’s done ok.
We’re about where we were when he joined us, but he’s had to rebuild a squad that was decimated last summer.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I like your dedicated support of our club GiG (and appreciate some of your comments are a bit tongue in cheek) but maybe give our boss a break?
I reckon since he’s taken over he’s done ok.
We’re about where we were when he joined us, but he’s had to rebuild a squad that was decimated last summer.
Sorry Bridgy but by his admitted research he new what he was coming into and had over half a season to plan for the future.
Sadly he missed out on striker targets in the summer and GC / The Boards decided to let our only striker go when we apparently didn't need the money and had no cover - we could have waited to Jan 24 window (but appreciate potential loss in value).
It may be all if's and but's but letting your'e only striker go without cover is like running a bakery or similar where you let the baker go in the hope the apprentice can cover.
What pains me recently is that GC signs a striker he's been craving but then chooses not to start him - why bother signing him ? I am also concerned to see a team performance akin to that v Fleetwood.
Sometimes you have to change to play to the players strengths rather your imposed visionary plans which the players can't deliver - that is why GC needs a break !
I know that all Grecians have been treated to relatively 20 years of positivity and maybe due relegation but OUR club needs to fight to survive in L1 rather than drift back into L2 which appears to be acceptable to the Boards including Mr Tagg who implies in a MNFC Podcast in Novemberish that the club has experienced worse than relegation.
Maybe OUR Club management expect relegation - as a part owner I expect them to do better than that.
Only another 4 wins Bridgy and I'm happy to buy you a much deserved beer in the FECRACE to celebrate survival !

Bridgy 81

Sorry Bridgy but by his admitted research he new what he was coming into and had over half a season to plan for the future.
Sadly he missed out on striker targets in the summer and GC / The Boards decided to let our only striker go when we apparently didn't need the money and had no cover - we could have waited to Jan 24 window (but appreciate potential loss in value).
It may be all if's and but's but letting your'e only striker go without cover is like running a bakery or similar where you let the baker go in the hope the apprentice can cover.
What pains me recently is that GC signs a striker he's been craving but then chooses not to start him - why bother signing him ? I am also concerned to see a team performance akin to that v Fleetwood.
Sometimes you have to change to play to the players strengths rather your imposed visionary plans which the players can't deliver - that is why GC needs a break !
I know that all Grecians have been treated to relatively 20 years of positivity and maybe due relegation but OUR club needs to fight to survive in L1 rather than drift back into L2 which appears to be acceptable to the Boards including Mr Tagg who implies in a MNFC Podcast in Novemberish that the club has experienced worse than relegation.
Maybe OUR Club management expect relegation - as a part owner I expect them to do better than that.
Only another 4 wins Bridgy and I'm happy to buy you a much deserved beer in the FECRACE to celebrate survival !
As with everyone else you’re of course very welcome to your opinion, as far as I’m concerned.
That’s the point of us being on here after all.
Strangely enough, for reasons even I find a bit difficult to explain, I go to more away matches than home ones these days.
Fancy a pint in Shrewsbury?

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
If there was any extra incentive required to retain our L1 status it has to be the chance of playing Slime next season. Unbelievable collapse from our green chums, long may it continue!

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wow half a season to replace your best five players. No wonder you dont like him if that's your bar to achieve:rolleyes:

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
If there was any extra incentive required to retain our L1 status it has to be the chance of playing Slime next season. Unbelievable collapse from our green chums, long may it continue!
Sadly I think they'll still be OK this season, next season will be the test.

Had a browse of Pasoti this morning and it's eerily similar to what we've gone through.
  • Boring to watch
  • Slow in building attacks
  • Don't see where the goals are coming from
  • Over coached
Is this just the way football is going?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Always best to have points on the board isn't it Sturtz. Teams are down there for a reason and they can't all win their games in hand!
I've always thought this. If you're down near the bottom having lost 15 of your previous 20 games, then having games in hand just means your goal difference is going to get worse as it's unlikely you'll be getting anything out of those games. Like you I'd rather have the points in the bag already.

wiveygrecian

I've always thought this. If you're down near the bottom having lost 15 of your previous 20 games, then having games in hand just means your goal difference is going to get worse as it's unlikely you'll be getting anything out of those games. Like you I'd rather have the points in the bag already.
Yes it’s like Carlisle , they have won just 4 games all season and now to stay up would need to possibly win 10 out of the 14 they have left. It’s not happening

SidwellOldboy

Neil Harris set to return to Millwall - bad news for Cambridge who have done well in the brief period he’s been there… Bonner to return to Cambridge I wonder?