• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One - 2023/24

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh dear and how long is it until the season starts?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I guess some people's definition of 'success' is different to others.

sign of the chimes

I thought Mason-Clark was sold to Coventry for big money and loaned back for the remainder of the season( like Ryan Harley to Swansea a few years back)?
Yep, he was. I was referring to that money and the timing possibly being a big boost for them (sorry, obviously wasn't very clearly worded on my part!)

The timing of the deal and some of what MacAnthony said back in January was interesting - he suggested that if they sold any of their jewels (Ronnie Edwards being another of their prime assets) it would be on that basis - i.e. a loan-back. The fact he said that, and then they dealt that way, is interesting to me.

There were some suggestions that Coventry got a fair reduction on the fee as a result of dealing in January on those terms so why not wait; as presumably EMC would have been worth the same/if not more in the summer too? I can think of one explanation...

DawlishBouy

DawlishBouy

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster

CC

Weren’t we rumoured to be after Orsi a season or two back? He’s scored loads for Crawley.

grecIAN Harris

Weren’t we rumoured to be after Orsi a season or two back? He’s scored loads for Crawley.
I was thinking that also.

Rosencrantz

I'm not sure if we were ever after him properly but his name cropped up as he was at Maidenhead when we signed Josh Coley. He did well at Maidenhead but has struggled since until his move to Crawley.

The interesting player at Crawley is Klaidi Lolos, released by both the Gargs and the Chipnickers (which seems a bit of a misstep now). 15 goals this season from a 10 position. Probably more a discussion for the transfer window thread.

Last edited: