• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One - 2023/24

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Finished 1-0 to Oxford.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’m starting to get worried already.
That’s a tough looking division to me.
Bleeding hell Bridgy. Keep the faith or you are going to have a miserable summer.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wycombe have been bought by a Billionaire.

denzel

78cbid.jpg

Bridgy 81

Bleeding hell Bridgy. Keep the faith or you are going to have a miserable summer.
We only finished our season just over a week ago and it already seems like ages ago to me.
I’ve been watching the playoffs on television and some Premier League stuff but it isn’t the same as having a City match to get your teeth into.
I think GC said that we’re back for pre-season training Thursday 20th June.
I suppose that’ll be 2 days of physical tests before the really hard work starts w/b 24th.
But that’s still seven weeks away!
I appreciate the players and staff need a well deserved break but I’m not keen on this gap between now and the friendlies starting.
I suppose they’ll begin early July and include most of the usual suspects, so at least I’ll probably get to go to the closer ones to me again e.g. Taunton, WsM and Bath plus it’d be interesting if we throw in Yeovil this year too.
I expect we’ll hear about the retained list next week and hopefully one or two more contract extensions.
Then it’ll be back to radio silence for a few more weeks until we have the anticipation and excitement of some new signings.
Anyway, like I imagine most people, I’ve got plenty of things to do until the ‘proper’ football starts up again so don’t worry isca as some of them should be cracking I certainly won’t have a miserable summer.
But if I don’t have a City match of some description on the horizon to think about, even if it can be with a large dose of trepidation on occasions, it doesn’t feel quite right to me somehow.
You’d think after all this time I’d be used to it.

DB9

We only finished our season just over a week ago and it already seems like ages ago to me.
I’ve been watching the playoffs on television and some Premier League stuff but it isn’t the same as having a City match to get your teeth into.
I think GC said that we’re back for pre-season training Thursday 20th June.
I suppose that’ll be 2 days of physical tests before the really hard work starts w/b 24th.
But that’s still seven weeks away!
I appreciate the players and staff need a well deserved break but I’m not keen on this gap between now and the friendlies starting.
I suppose they’ll begin early July and include most of the usual suspects, so at least I’ll probably get to go to the closer ones to me again e.g. Taunton, WsM and Bath plus it’d be interesting if we throw in Yeovil this year too.
I expect we’ll hear about the retained list next week and hopefully one or two more contract extensions.
Then it’ll be back to radio silence for a few more weeks until we have the anticipation and excitement of some new signings.
Anyway, like I imagine most people, I’ve got plenty of things to do until the ‘proper’ football starts up again so don’t worry isca as some of them should be cracking I certainly won’t have a miserable summer.
But if I don’t have a City match of some description on the horizon to think about, even if it can be with a large dose of trepidation on occasions, it doesn’t feel quite right to me somehow.
You’d think after all this time I’d be used to it.
Since you're near Taunton Bridgy perhaps a few trips to the County Ground hearing leather on willow? A great way to chill and before you know it the PSF will be up and running. (y)

Bridgy 81

Since you're near Taunton Bridgy perhaps a few trips to the County Ground hearing leather on willow? A great way to chill and before you know it the PSF will be up and running. (y)
I was born and grew up a couple of hundred yards (or a decent straight drive) from the County Ground.
I used to go there a fair bit when I was young, usually sneaking in for free after school.
I still have autographs of Lillee, Chappell, Botham and others from back in the 70s.
The ground was much more basic then and had several weak points which made that possible.
They’ve long since gone along with my ability and agility to scale walls.
I still drive by the ground though several times a week on my way to and from some regular business I have in Taunton and I often glance over.
In more recent times my late Mum liked to go matches with her neighbour and swore by the rock cakes they sold in the Old Pavilion.
We held her wake there a few years ago and even ensured there were rock cakes on the day.
I do keep an eye on how Somerset are doing and was pleased with their T20 triumph last season and what seemed like a suspiciously low scoring win yesterday.
I may pick a nice day weather-wise soon (if we get one) and take myself and my sandwiches to a County Championship game, if only for old times sake.
If it’s sunny I’ll wear my ECFC trucker cap (that reference is just here to keep this League One thread on track!).

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
More on that story

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
More on that story

Crazy really how far down the pyramid the serious money is going. We obviously have no idea of their intentions of course.

DB9

Crazy really how far down the pyramid the serious money is going. We obviously have no idea of their intentions of course.
If you read it all, It does say what their aims are, A sustainable club with a decent academy (Sound Familiar?) We have to realise that not all new owners are bad, if they were, There's not much in it for them to strip a L1 club.