• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One - 2023/24

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Reading are set to appoint former Southampton manager Ruben Selles as their new manager.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fleetwood Town sign Cheltenham Town's Ryan Broom and ex-Plymouth midfielder Danny Mayor - BBC Sport

Similr vibes to when Bury were splashing the cash. How do Fleetwood get around the fact that their owners assets have been frozen? Players that we could well have been interested in getting hoovered up by a club with 'issues' surrounding their finances

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fleetwood Town sign Cheltenham Town's Ryan Broom and ex-Plymouth midfielder Danny Mayor - BBC Sport

Similr vibes to when Bury were splashing the cash. How do Fleetwood get around the fact that their owners assets have been frozen? Players that we could well have been interested in getting hoovered up by a club with 'issues' surrounding their finances
Indeed, and Danny Mayor was a key part of that Bury side. This is the latest update I could find on Fleetwood's ownership.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Indeed, and Danny Mayor was a key part of that Bury side. This is the latest update I could find on Fleetwood's ownership.
and exactly where do the 'children' get the money from then to fund Jeymel Ltd. Someone appears to still be the puppet! Surely makes a mockery of a 'stronger' Owners and Directors test if the FA allow this to continue

grecIAN Harris

Burnley have signed Lawrence Vigouroux from Leyton Orient. 😮 That's the same Lawrence Vigouroux who threw in one if not two against is whilst playing Swindon during the Covid season.😮😮

Colesman Ballz

Burnley have signed Lawrence Vigouroux from Leyton Orient. 😮 That's the same Lawrence Vigouroux who threw in one if not two against is whilst playing Swindon during the Covid season.😮😮
Can't imagine there are that many footballers named Lawrence Vigouroux, to cause any confusion ? :)

grecIAN Harris

Can't imagine there are that many footballers named Lawrence Vigouroux, to cause any confusion ? :)
That wasn't a question but a statement of who he is. I know who he is.

denzel

Peterborough continuing to plunder non league. 4 year deal though!

sign of the chimes

I’d be seriously questioning Pompey’s recruitment if I was a fan. Not that Jack is a terrible signing, it just seems they have gone bold early to make a stir with lots of average signings. None of those players seem exciting on paper for a club the size of Pompey. I wouldn’t be putting much money on them being up there this year…
Replying here so as not to clog up the Sparkes thread...

I'd probably look on it like that as an outsider. From the inside, it was really important for the club to be seen by the fanbase to be doing some early business - as we've been guilty of letting stuff happen late and then in a slightly scattergun way for several seasons. This was particularly amplified under Cowley who took that to the extreme.

I'd caveat the signings so far with the fact that most of the players we've retained are ones who are pretty adequate. Of the signings we've made to date the 'keeper Norris and Anthony Scully are probably the two I'd expect to be regular starters; there are a couple of prospects (Saydee, Devlin) and some depth (Sparkes, Shaugnessy, Stevenson). The area that desperately needed freshening up was the attacking positions behind the main striker and Scully aside we've not added - I'm hoping for a couple of 'marquee' [(c) Matt Taylor'] arrivals there. I'm not expecting us to do anything recruitment-wise that leaves the rest of the division looking on in awe but hopeful we can put a top-six side together this term and then, if a couple of the prospects come good, you never know where it might take you.