• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One - 2023/24

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
One of them already named and shamed by other fans.

JGrecian23

You gotta laugh at the referee legging it ams hiding behind the dugouts though 🤣

Rosencrantz

You shouldn't laugh but it all it needs is the Benny Hill theme tune...

sign of the chimes

Watched the incident on iFollow. Pretty horrendous incident and the ref did well to get out of the way. Quite how he managed to get on to the pitch from the far side and across it unimpeded is a question for Vale to answer - absolutely no place for that sort of thing.

sign of the chimes

You shouldn't laugh but it all it needs is the Benny Hill theme tune...

Footage is deserving of Yakety Sax - but it's a pretty serious incident: this time some ******-up/coked-up k**bhead; but could have been a lot worse. It looked like the Port Vale bench that stopped him rather than a steward.

Oldsmobile-88

Watched the incident on iFollow. Pretty horrendous incident and the ref did well to get out of the way. Quite how he managed to get on to the pitch from the far side and across it unimpeded is a question for Vale to answer - absolutely no place for that sort of thing.
Yep..It’s crazy..Just needed Cloughie to give him a clout.

The players did not attempt to stop the nob(I know it’s not their job) but if they did, unbelievably they could be sent off for violent conduct ! Something I witnessed at Dorchester Town a few years back.

Rosencrantz

Footage is deserving of Yakety Sax - but it's a pretty serious incident: this time some ******-up/coked-up k**bhead; but could have been a lot worse. It looked like the Port Vale bench that stopped him rather than a steward.
Too right. Looks like he has come from the opposite side of the pitch without any opposition until he ran into the PV coaching staff. I should think the EFL will certainly being having a few words about pitch security and messages probably going out for all clubs to have a proper plan in pace.

sign of the chimes

Yep..It’s crazy..Just needed Cloughie to give him a clout.

The players did not attempt to stop the nob(I know it’s not their job) but if they did, unbelievably they could be sent off for violent conduct ! Something I witnessed at Dorchester Town a few years back.
Pretty sure the players are briefed to that effect now (i.e. that they can be sanctioned) and I sort of understand them not getting involved anyway as you wouldn't want to be sidelined for any period having put a rugby tackle in on the sort of absolute weapon who thinks a referee making a decision they disagree with is fair game.

Too right. Looks like he has come from the opposite side of the pitch without any opposition until he ran into the PV coaching staff. I should think the EFL will certainly being having a few words about pitch security and messages probably going out for all clubs to have a proper plan in pace.
I've just seen that the EFL and PGMOL have released a joint statement on the incident. Absolutely something that needs to be nipped in the bud before it becomes a thing. I recall a Pompey fan getting on the pitch and having a go at a linesman at FP back in the 90s and think they ended up in court.

Oldsmobile-88

Port Vale were the opposition when there was a similar incident from individuals at the end of a game at SJP in 1993.That was over a penalty award in the last minute.
The players protected the ref on that occasion, though the Linesman was shamefully cuffed & knocked to the ground on the Cowshed side.

tom_ecfc

Port Vale were the opposition when there was a similar incident from individuals at the end of a game at SJP in 1993.That was over a penalty award in the last minute.
The players protected the ref on that occasion, though the Linesman was shamefully cuffed & knocked to the ground on the Cowshed side.
Was it this game?