• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

les.gtfc

Can I still post in here??

Just to mention that our 19-year old centre-half Mattie Pollock is about to sign for Watford for an initial fee of £100k, with many add-ons for future performance. I do find the initial figure a bit low in this day and age though.

This is the kid who made his debut at SJP as a 17-year old 2nd half sub in 2018/19 when we won 2-1 and was immense for us in that game. From that day I think that it was obvious he'd go onto bigger and better things.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sutton clinch promotion so another new ground for many next season
51 years since I was last there. I think the facilities will have improved a bit since then.

But knowing our luck we will get them first away game when they will presumably have to groundshare elsewhere so their new grass pitch can bed in. :(

les.gtfc

51 years since I was last there. I think the facilities will have improved a bit since then.

But knowing our luck we will get them first away game when they will presumably have to groundshare elsewhere so their new grass pitch can bed in. :(
I went to Sutton once donkey's years ago, probably in the 80's sometime I reckon. Don't really know why, it was just that I was in London that day and needed my Saturday football fix.

Can't remember anything about the game, what the score was, who they played, I just remember that the ground was within a few minutes walk of the train station and that there was a pub just opposite the train station.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

Just to mention that our 19-year old centre-half Mattie Pollock is about to sign for Watford for an initial fee of £100k, with many add-ons for future performance. I do find the initial figure a bit low in this day and age though.

This is the kid who made his debut at SJP as a 17-year old 2nd half sub in 2018/19 when we won 2-1 and was immense for us in that game. From that day I think that it was obvious he'd go onto bigger and better things.
Always welcome

Colesman Ballz

Always welcome
And at SJP too Les !

les.gtfc

Transfer now agreed. The upfront fee will be £250k though, which is a bit better.

Wishing the lad good luck in his future career, in the short time he has been playing for us, he's been one of the very few shining lights recently.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

It always amused me that you were sponsored by Youngs and had a player called Pollock 🤣

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Transfer now agreed. The upfront fee will be £250k though, which is a bit better.

Wishing the lad good luck in his future career, in the short time he has been playing for us, he's been one of the very few shining lights recently.

Money should come in handy to get you back into L2 next season

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Could The Fish end up at Grimbo ? :unsure:

Grecian2K

Could The Fish end up at Grimbo ? :unsure:
With Martin Ling on their coaching staff?

Status
Not open for further replies.