• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 news 2021/22

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Although Colchester have other clubs, especially I suppose in the London area, close to them they certainly do get a lot of their players from Ipswich, which I noticed when I watched our game there in November.
I wonder how we would feel if (in the hopefully unlikely event) Plymouth reach and consolidate in the Championship and we became their version of Colchester?
We didn't do too badly out of getting Bobby Saxton and Johnny Here when Argyle were in the second tier...

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Colin Randall and John Delve around the same time (other transfers I think should be ignored Turner McCarthy etc etc)

dontpassback

Colin Randall and John Delve around the same time (other transfers I think should be ignored Turner McCarthy etc etc)
Randall and Delve,two quality players who could play

Red Devon

George Foster (y)

iscalad

Randall and Delve,two quality players who could play
Best midfield duo, ever.

STURTZ

Plymouth made a massive mistake in seling us Colin Randall for a pittance. He fiited into that team perfectly taking the place of Grame Weeks who was probably the least player in our promotion squad likely to survive league 1. Randall was superb, making tackles, dictating play, spraying passes the perfect central midfielder. God that team! if Beer hadn't got injured, if Robertson wasn't sold, if Kellow didn't leave would have been a Championship team. I saw them at the outset away against a highly fancied and big spending Walsall! on the opening match. We ****** on them 3:1 I think, we were majestic!

Delve probably came in a year later, Argyle bought Randall back 2 years later for, I beleive for a substantial sum (for those days!) !

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
John Sheridan back at Oldham :)

Memphis09

Best midfield duo, ever.
Definitely they were a class act

dontpassback

John Sheridan back at Oldham :)
That will please the janners who wonder how he gets these jobs

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Just seen a video of Oldham's fans reaction to their defeat at Harrogate. Incredibly toxic. Not sure the appointment of Sheridan will help, it's at ownership level the Club needs to be fixed.