• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pym on his way back to Devon ?
Who with......... Torquay???

grecIAN Harris

Another, no doubt stab in the dim light, attempt at League One player budgets. Can't be right, can it?

Watch Derby's rocket next season now they're out of the transfer embargo. Unless Wednesday lose in the play-off final they will surely be favourites to win League 1 next season.

sign of the chimes

its also the case that websites/twitter account names that are generic (such as 'League One News' sound official) but often are in fact a teenager in a bedroom with a computer
If I'd been a teenager when internet and broadband were a thing I reckon tweeting under a fake 'EFL' account would have been pretty low down my list of priorities.

Rosencrantz

I wonder if that's just a total of the figures for these teams posted on that 'SalarySport' website that I see posted on here from time to time? Given that unless things have changed in the past couple of years the clubs I think only see their own figure along with some contextual info - e.g. where they rank relative to other clubs - it would be a massive surprise for the info to make it in to the public domain. I can understand why these things tend to generate some interest - I'd be fascinated to have sight and know how clubs were performing relative to their actual budgets.
Quite probably. Always best to take these things with a pinch of salt. As you say, the clubs don't get that information although they probably have a fair idea of who sits where.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
A lot of speculation on Twatter as to the validity of the source but if that table is anywhere near a true reflection, then we have done incredibly well this season and can be immensely proud. Seems like only yesterday we were stuck with a transfer embargo in the Conference. However, no doubt all the usual suspects will soon be calling for marquee signings and a concerted do or die push for the Championship, branding any sensible objection as small mindedness regarding "little old Exeter". Yup, its nearly that time again... Can't wait. Me, delighted if we keep defying the odds. Winners in my book. UTC
It was our previous manager who started the talk of marquee signings not the fans, and without dreams of a push for Championship then what's the point?

Dreams can come true in football. Just look at Brighton qualifying for European competition next season. We have to believe we can do something special, rather than just celebrate survival in L1, regardless of how commendable that is.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was our previous manager who started the talk of marquee signings not the fans, and without dreams of a push for Championship then what's the point?

Dreams can come true in football. Just look at Brighton qualifying for European competition next season. We have to believe we can do something special, rather than just celebrate survival in L1, regardless of how commendable that is.
I know the media like to claim that Brighton is a fairytale but Tony Bloom has spent almost half a billion pounds to get them into Europe.

STURTZ

Plymouth Argyle are a fairytale club, Pus in Boots.....

DB9

I know the media like to claim that Brighton is a fairytale but Tony Bloom has spent almost half a billion pounds to get them into Europe.
And? They went from the depths of L2, Skint, Without a ground to the PL, It is a great story of a rise from virtually nothing, Of course you need to spend money, If you want to reach that high you've got to invest shedloads plus they had to build a new stadium, Same as Coventry and Luton tomorrow, Went down the leagues, Nearly out of business, Now 90 minutes away from the PL and all those riches that goes with it. It is a "Fairytale" Our fairytale is where we are now from again virtually nothing but those teams are showing if you want to climb you do need money and there's nothing wrong with that, I say fair play to Brighton, Coventry and Luton, Even Wrexham, Notts County etc, They've all got the right people in charge now who are willing to put their money where their mouths are. As for ECFC I'm sure those in charge know exactly what it will take if there was a serious effort to get out of L1 and how hard it would be considering the financial muscle other clubs have.

Banksy

Money , money , money , that’s all it’s about.Actually , near us , dear old Yeovil made it without anything much if you think about it , just loans but they couldn’t sustain it obviously , no money and disappearing loan players and all that. No , you need a sugar daddy .Trouble is , the media will now have a love in with Wrexham and Co , the new Salford , and we’ll be bombarded with it until we’re sick to death.
I know I’m obviously biased but I‘m more proud of what City have done with the Academy building on the young players being brought through.

Rosencrantz

Christy Pym unsurprisingly made available for transfer among others by Posh, along with Jonson Clarke-Harris. I guess he (JC-H) is in the last year of his contract and not signing a new one. No mention of Joel though.

Status
Not open for further replies.