• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 2023/24 Relegation Prediction Thread

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Me too but we need to keep getting points on board then once we have the situation where games are running out and reach a point where whatever gap exists between the club in 21st place regardless of which club that may be and ourselves becomes unbridgeable we know we are safe.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
On a Quick Look... the Committee will be getting the biscuits in to tot up everybody's score and there is still scope potentially for a tie break

I can't spot an entry with all four right, but I think I've spotted at least four entries with 3 out of four correct.

Those are entries 9,10,21 and 35 from respectively Tom,Arthur (he's very good at predictions isn't he?) FBH and ...erm ...the threadmeister.

(apologies for leaving out other strong entries)

haka

21 Burton
22 Shrewsbury
23 Fleetwood
24 Exeter
I don't think anyone managed to miss 4 out of 4, so this looks like the next worst. Although the biggest wooden spoon can be shared by all those who picked Wycombe, who finished 10th! ;)

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
On a Quick Look... the Committee will be getting the biscuits in to tot up everybody's score and there is still scope potentially for a tie break

I can't spot an entry with all four right, but I think I've spotted at least four entries with 3 out of four correct.

Those are entries 9,10,21 and 35 from respectively Tom,Arthur (he's very good at predictions isn't he?) FBH and ...erm ...the threadmeister.

I think I had three out of four as well but missed the deadline!

denzel

Of course when I said Argyle I meant Vale, so I got the teams right :)

Alistair20000

Getting all 4 right might not have won as in this gig it comes down to points for how close each entry is to the final table position of the team. Did you miss entry #27 Exehausted who also had thee correct placings ?

Alistair20000

ANNOUNCEMENT

The musings of @andrew p long have thrown the Committee into confusion; biscuits supplies are exehausted (sic) and an adjournment has been called until this evening.

Provisionally there appear to be three entries with 9 points and a possible tie break solution that may be ultra vires. This is where I miss Lionel with a wise second opinion.

Alistair20000

ANNOUNCEMENT - RESULT

After lengthy checks and deliberations the Committee found that three entries picked up 9 points

Exehausted
SaintJames
tom_ecfc

Each had identical individual points of 4 3 2 0

tom’s inclusion of City caused some committee members to rear up. He was way out with this one too.
SaintJames was miles out by including Wycombe.
Exehausted had Burton as his zero which was very close.

The Committee was minded to declare Exehausted as the winner but after legal advice did not so declare and hence all three are joint winners of this competition.

@arthur could not pull this one off but was close with 8 points along with @Alistair20000 and @haka

Mid Devon Grecian

ANNOUNCEMENT - RESULT

After lengthy checks and deliberations the Committee found that three entries picked up 9 points

Exehausted
SaintJames
tom_ecfc

tom’s inclusion of City caused some committee members to rear up. He was way out with this one too.

The Committee was minded to declare Exehausted as the winner but after legal advice did not so declare and hence all three are joint winners of this competition.

@arthur could not pull this one off but was close with 8 points along with @Alistair20000 and @haka
I wonder how many glasses of red were imbibed by ‘the committee’ before the crucial decision was made 😉

haka

ANNOUNCEMENT - RESULT

Exehausted
SaintJames
tom_ecfc

Fringes of the play-offs for me with 3 out of 3, happy with that. I included Bristol Rovers just after we beat them, but Matt Taylor denied me the big prize.

Those who picked City for the drop should now serve a minimum one season ban from any future relegation prediction threads.