• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Latest Club News..

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Think I'll pass on the vegan meal....

denzel

Well done on our winning Gold again, though slightly annoying that Argyle came in first place. Presumably had they played us it wouldn't have been family friendly...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Will make a decision at the time, I suppose I could always pop down stairs for a Chunks pasty :)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The ECFC legends beat Tiverton Town legends 5-3 yesterday.

Mid Devon Grecian

The ECFC legends beat Tiverton Town legends 5-3 yesterday.
Any news on the scorers?

How many Tivvy players did Mad Dog Cooper cripple?

andrew p long

I nearly misread that...

Rosencrantz

Any news on the scorers?

How many Tivvy players did Mad Dog Cooper cripple?
It was an entertaining stroll of a game. Jamie Mudge went all the way around big Kev for the first. Sean Devine equalised with a 25 yard rocket into the top corner past Scott Rogers in goal for Tivvy. 1-1 at half time. Lee Phillips guided in a clever Kevin Darch cross to give City the lead. Tivvy came back when Chris Shepherd ran through and rounded Kev. Another ex-City youngster Luke Vinnicombe headed in a corner to make it 3-2 to Tivvy. Lee Phillips then scored from near the centre circle to the embarrassment of Tivvy's sub keeper who let the ball dribble through him and into the net (hopefully no video evidence of this for Pate's sake). Then two goals in about 90 seconds from Richard Pears sealed the win for City.

Good to see a lot of old faces again. Took a bit to recognise Mad Dog with his abundant grey hair and beard. He played at the back with Rico who still looked in good shape and had to be to deal with a lively Mudge and Ben Watson. Danny B was a bit late making it but came on for the second half. Barry McConnell was a surprise addition and was still recognisably the Whimple Whippet. Danny Clay and Marcus Daily were still in good shape as was Woody. Kev didn't get his knees dirty but kept a few out by getting close and staying big 😉.

Good way to spend a couple of hours with over a hundred or so others I should think. Had a nice chat with Alan Tonge on the way out about the season and hopes for next season. What a nice man he is. Just disappointed I forgot to take my copy of his book with me to get it signed 🙄

Mid Devon Grecian

It was an entertaining stroll of a game. Jamie Mudge went all the way around big Kev for the first. Sean Devine equalised with a 25 yard rocket into the top corner past Scott Rogers in goal for Tivvy. 1-1 at half time. Lee Phillips guided in a clever Kevin Darch cross to give City the lead. Tivvy came back when Chris Shepherd ran through and rounded Kev. Another ex-City youngster Luke Vinnicombe headed in a corner to make it 3-2 to Tivvy. Lee Phillips then scored from near the centre circle to the embarrassment of Tivvy's sub keeper who let the ball dribble through him and into the net (hopefully no video evidence of this for Pate's sake). Then two goals in about 90 seconds from Richard Pears sealed the win for City.

Good to see a lot of old faces again. Took a bit to recognise Mad Dog with his abundant grey hair and beard. He played at the back with Rico who still looked in good shape and had to be to deal with a lively Mudge and Ben Watson. Danny B was a bit late making it but came on for the second half. Barry McConnell was a surprise addition and was still recognisably the Whimple Whippet. Danny Clay and Marcus Daily were still in good shape as was Woody. Kev didn't get his knees dirty but kept a few out by getting close and staying big 😉.

Good way to spend a couple of hours with over a hundred or so others I should think. Had a nice chat with Alan Tonge on the way out about the season and hopes for next season. What a nice man he is. Just disappointed I forgot to take my copy of his book with me to get it signed 🙄
Thanks for the report. I don’t imagine Kev has much trouble staying big!

Is Tonge’s book a decent read? Was thinking about getting it on the Kindle.

Rosencrantz

Thanks for the report. I don’t imagine Kev has much trouble staying big!

Is Tonge’s book a decent read? Was thinking about getting it on the Kindle.
I did enjoy it. It is mostly about his time coming up through the ranks at Utd but it does have a good chunk about Alan's time at City as well. More than just one chapter. Then it wraps up about his life after football. Very good stories throughout including a lot of familiar names at City, very honest especially about mental health and how it can affect young players and his own experiences as a young player in the football culture of the time. I would highly recommend as it is not often you get a book from this footballing perspective.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member