• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Latest Club News..

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Given the amount of people who vape on the Big Bank then that's not a bad idea!
Not banned like cigs then?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Not banned like cigs then?
It is banned.

DB9

It is banned.
Nuff said then, People thinking its fun to Vape, Hate the bloody smell and smoke.

Colesman Ballz

Given the amount of people who vape on the Big Bank then that's not a bad idea!
In the Selco too !

denzel

I doubt we as a club receive much from the EFL sponsorship by Sky Bet. And if we lose out, so do all the other EFL clubs, so not sure we would lose sleep over it

Rosencrantz

Would like Exeter City take this action around the ground!
To be fair the Trust decided to do this a while ago and had to put their foot down with some club employees if I recall the threads on here. I think it was a short sponsor they had at the time. Since then we have had no betting companies as club sponsors.

Apart from Sky Bet which obviously is outside the clubs control, I can't think of seeing any betting advertising in the ground although it might have slipped past me.

tom_ecfc

To be fair the Trust decided to do this a while ago and had to put their foot down with some club employees if I recall the threads on here. I think it was a short sponsor they had at the time. Since then we have had no betting companies as club sponsors.

Apart from Sky Bet which obviously is outside the clubs control, I can't think of seeing any betting advertising in the ground although it might have slipped past me.
That’s good to know. Just need the EFL to choose a better sponsor when the Sky Bet contract runs out. Not choose someone just because they throw money at them, but I won’t hold my breath!

DB9

I doubt we as a club receive much from the EFL sponsorship by Sky Bet. And if we lose out, so do all the other EFL clubs, so not sure we would lose sleep over it
Doesn't really matter how much or how little we get as a club, Sky Bet got the gig because the EFL thought they were getting the best deal, I'm sure the club is grateful for any income and as for other clubs, Who gives a flying fig about them?

DB9

That’s good to know. Just need the EFL to choose a better sponsor when the Sky Bet contract runs out. Not choose someone just because they throw money at them, but I won’t hold my breath!
You better write a strong letter to the EFL then, But i wouldn't hold my breath. Football like any other business does what is best for their business/brand.

Leads

You better write a strong letter to the EFL then, But i wouldn't hold my breath. Football like any other business does what is best for their business/brand.
Without meaning to be too pedantic, doing what is best for business (i.e money in) is not the same as what's good for the brand. The Premier League have decided to take a financial hit on sponsorship because of the optics. I would say that the tide is changing and football's close relationship with betting won't quite be as close moving forwards...