• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Caine Mutiny 1954 . Humphrey Bogart , Jose Ferrer , Van Johnson , Fred MacMurray. Mutiny on the high seas with Humph losing his marbles.From the book of the same name. 9/10

Alistair20000

The Caine Mutiny 1954 . Humphrey Bogart , Jose Ferrer , Van Johnson , Fred MacMurray. Mutiny on the high seas with Humph losing his marbles.From the book of the same name. 9/10
Saw that recently. A very good film but I prefer the similarly themed film The Bounty (1984) with Anthony Hopkins playing Bligh.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Caine Mutiny
Maurice Micklewhite is supposed to have chosen Caine as his stage name after seeing this film advertised.

Banksy

Winter in Wartime 2008 . Teenage Dutch boy tries to assist the Dutch resistance during WW2 by helping a British airman stay out of German hands during the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands. Dutch production with subtitles.Found this mainly for the wife to watch as she likes these sort of foreign films. Well produced and an entertaining two hours watch which we both enjoyed , didn’t pull any punches. 8/10

DB9

Winter in Wartime 2008 . Teenage Dutch boy tries to assist the Dutch resistance during WW2 by helping a British airman stay out of German hands during the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands. Dutch production with subtitles.Found this mainly for the wife to watch as she likes these sort of foreign films. Well produced and an entertaining two hours watch which we both enjoyed , didn’t pull any punches. 8/10
There are a lot of good foreign films telling stories of that time if you don't mind subtitles, One I recall was about young German POW's at the end of the war having to clear mines in Denmark, Can't remember it's name but worth a watch. I think it's in English though but you only have to look at Downfall to see you don't have to speak English to make a film great.

Banksy

Stillwater 2021. Matt Damon as a father who travels to Southern France from the States to visit his daughter who‘s in prison there serving a long sentence for murder . He stays on over there to follow up a lead which suggests that the murder was actually committed by someone else when the police decline to follow it up.Well acted story with a simple enough plot , but refreshing to watch. Eight out of ten for effort and something that tries to be a bit different.

Red & White

There are a lot of good foreign films telling stories of that time if you don't mind subtitles, One I recall was about young German POW's at the end of the war having to clear mines in Denmark, Can't remember it's name but worth a watch. I think it's in English though but you only have to look at Downfall to see you don't have to speak English to make a film great.
I think it is called Land of Mine?

Another good subtitled film currently on iPlayer is Persian Lessions, well worth a watch 8/10

DB9

I think it is called Land of Mine?

Another good subtitled film currently on iPlayer is Persian Lessions, well worth a watch 8/10
You could be right about that title.

Banksy

The Long Good Friday , 1980 gangster movie starring Bob Hoskins and Helen Mirren.
London gang leader gets on the wrong side of the IRA. Gangster movie at its best , loads of familiar faces in supporting roles. 8/10

Colesman Ballz

The Long Good Friday , 1980 gangster movie starring Bob Hoskins and Helen Mirren.
London gang leader gets on the wrong side of the IRA. Gangster movie at its best , loads of familiar faces in supporting roles. 8/10
One of my all time favourite films. It nearly ended up in pieces on the cutting room floor though. When completed it was thought to be too politically sensitive for the time, and thoughts turned to chopping it up to turn it into something less controversial for TV. Fortuitously George Harrison and his Handmade Films stepped in to buy it and put it out on its rightful place on the silver screen.