• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
War Horse. Don't know what all the fuss was about! It is ok.
War Horse.....Yay or Nay?

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
... or, "why don't you just die"
"Elvis has left the building"....ooops!...wrong film:D

Red Box

War Horse - rather predictable, but none the less enjoyable film. Great local scenes of Dartmoor. 7/10

MickStagraget

The Setp-Up - Film from the late 40s about an ageing boxer who is so bad that his trainers take money from the mob but don't tell their man that he has to take a dive. So ageing boxer decides that it's his night and gives his all to try and beat the bloke.

Short on plot but high on drama, very engrosing for a film that lasts for little over an hour, well worth watching. 8/10.

MickStagraget

El Secreto de Sus Ojos (The Secret In Their Eyes) - Retired prosecutor decides to write a book about an old case, which means that a lot of the film is flashback stuff that slowly reveals what went on. Very well shot, thrilling and suspensful and ocassionally amusing too (which is a hard angle in a story about rape and murder). I really liked it, but then I likke most films really. 9/10.

MikeGrecian

The Ruins-surprisingly enjoyable yank/aussie horror set around a Mayan temple with murderous plants,totally daft but really quite entertaining.8/10

CITY CASUAL

War Horse.....Yay or Nay?
LOL Nayyyyy for me! :D

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
127 Hours.

Well, it certainly felt like it. A film about a man stuck in a hole is only ever going to be so interesting, but this was yet more emperor's new clothes from Danny Boyle.

I was slightly relieved that it wasn't full of yoofs shouting radical dude every 30 seconds, but then i might have preferred that if it meant that something actually happened.

Didn't do tension building or even mild peril, and the scenes of graphic injury i was promised left me feeling slightly disappointed.

3/10.

Mr Jinx

Barney's Version.

This simply blew me away. Giamatti in his best role since Sideways. Brillant supporting cast, primarily Dustin Hoffman, Minnie Driver & Rosamund Pike.

A winding tale of comedy and tragedy. Tears of laughter, tears of sorrow.

10/10

Mr Jinx

Interesting this has gone back to my favourite film of last year (Barney's Version). Simply brilliant.