• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Everything everywhere all at once. What an utter mish mash of a film. Unintelligible dialogue rattled through at 100mph made worse by constantly switching between English and Chinese (with unreadable subtitles), a Matrix-like plot that jumps all over the place making it impossible to follow and unlikeable characters that you have no affinity for.

I found myself scrolling through my phone about three quarters of an hour in then switching over shortly after that as the non-stop shrieking dialogue was becoming increasingly irritating. I have no idea what happened in the end - I have no idea what was happening while I was watching - what an absolute waste of time this was. One Chinese Laundry out of ten tax inspectors.
I did the same after 45 mins, turned it off shortly thereafter. Not my type of film - I hated it. The Jamie Lee Curtis thing was funny for about 2 minutes. And to think it won all those gongs.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Trailer for Dune 2. Long wait to November 3rd though! Might go to one of the big cinemas in Leicester Square to watch it.

Bridgy 81

Last night they had a poster up about a forthcoming screening called Eric Clapton: Across 24 nights.
This relates to 24 shows he performed at the Royal Albert Hall in 1990/91.
They’ve been remastered for the film and condensed to 17 tracks.
I think it maybe out next month, but I’m not sure. I’ll keep my eyes open though as I’d like to go.
The Eric Clapton film I mentioned above is showing at my local cinema for one night this Wednesday evening.
I hope to get to it.
For anyone on here interested and based in the Exeter area it looks like it’s on at Exeter’s Vue.

Banksy

Trailer for Dune 2. Long wait to November 3rd though! Might go to one of the big cinemas in Leicester Square to watch it.

Tiny bit disappointed with Dune One.Still couldn’t get to see it on the big screen , guess it needed to be seen that way rather than the 50” TV.

Antony Moxey

Antman Quantumania. Bad guy exiled to the quantum world, captures our heroes to get him back so he can go on a galaxy wide rampage of destruction. OK, so no Shawshank then, but instead a brilliant bonkers effort that looks like a live action cartoon with lots of whizz bang flashes and bright colours, it’s more of a kids’ computer game than Oscar nominee. But who cares, it’s great fun with a few genuinely laugh out loud moments thrown in for good measure. Loved it.

8 holes out of ten multiverses.

iscalad

Antman Quantumania. Bad guy exiled to the quantum world, captures our heroes to get him back so he can go on a galaxy wide rampage of destruction. OK, so no Shawshank then, but instead a brilliant bonkers effort that looks like a live action cartoon with lots of whizz bang flashes and bright colours, it’s more of a kids’ computer game than Oscar nominee. But who cares, it’s great fun with a few genuinely laugh out loud moments thrown in for good measure. Loved it.

8 holes out of ten multiverses.
Just watched this. Impressive CGI. A lot of bonkers fun.
Definitely 8/10

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
SISU. Based in Finland a former soldier discovers gold and the Nazis discover him. What unfolds is bloody, violent and gory. The film has strong characters, a little humour and a storyline. The blood, violence and gore dominate but it was worthwhile watching if somewhat unusual for us. 6/10.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (2023). Went out to the cinema last night to see this. Very good! The graphics/visuals are comic book style and are very good. Really enjoyed the film, but wasn't expecting that ending :D. There's clearly a part II on the way.

Some big films on the way. Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny, Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One and finally we get to see Oppenheimer next month!

Antony Moxey

The second Avatar. Not a patch on the first, and at 3 1/4 hours long at least an two hours of nothing filler to pad it out. As you’d expect, a visual feast, but the story not so, nor the effects which seemed far more obvious than the first film. Unless you’re desperate to see it I’d give it a swerve, it’s just not worth committing that much time to it. Five oceans out of ten forests.

iscalad

The second Avatar. Not a patch on the first, and at 3 1/4 hours long at least an two hours of nothing filler to pad it out. As you’d expect, a visual feast, but the story not so, nor the effects which seemed far more obvious than the first film. Unless you’re desperate to see it I’d give it a swerve, it’s just not worth committing that much time to it. Five oceans out of ten forests.
Too be fair I wasn't that impressed with the first film.