• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
5/10 Hants, Seems low?
Possibly. A lot better than the Lynch version.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Possibly. A lot better than the Lynch version.
As I said before, I'm looking to the reviews on here before deciding to go see it, Don't normally but reading about the story a few film critics have said its possibly one of the most difficult books to put on film.

Mr Jinx

As I said before, I'm looking to the reviews on here before deciding to go see it, Don't normally but reading about the story a few film critics have said its possibly one of the most difficult books to put on film.
That's what they said about Lord of the Rings. Anything is possible. Very much looking forward to Dune.

DB9

That's what they said about Lord of the Rings. Anything is possible. Very much looking forward to Dune.
Well the critics seem to like it judging by the 4/5 star reviews.

Antony Moxey

The Suicide Squad. It would appear Covid’s reach extends to superheroes too, as since the pandemic hit each of their on-screen offerings have been a complete crock. This is no different. I’ve said previously that I liked the way DC seemed to be heading towards the dark and moody in contrast to Marvel’s bling and glitz, but all they’ve done is hurtled headlong into crass. Far too much graphic gore and far too much swearing really spoil this, although dreadful acting, a stupid script and laughable storyline do their bit too.

So has the superhero genre run it’s course? If this is the best film makers can do then it probably is, despite Marvel’s release schedule. The last decent effort was Infinity Wars, everything since has traded on those earlier successes. Up your game, or audiences will find something else. Four giant starfish out of ten wasted characters.

Swanaldo

That's what they said about Lord of the Rings.
They said Trainspotting was an unfilmable book too, but Danny Boyle seemed to do OK.

iscalad

The Forgotten Battle on Netflix
"During WWII's crucial Battle of the Scheldt, the lives of a glider pilot, a Nazi soldier and a reluctant Resistance recruit tragically intersect "
It was really about the lead up to the battle. More about the characters than the battle. Quite well done 7/10

manc grecian

Watched that the other night. Solid enough without lacking any great depth. 6/10

Banksy

The Name of the Rose 1986. Sean Connery, F.Murray Abraham and Christian Slater.
A fourteenth century Franciscan monk and his novice assistant set out to solve a series of murders at a monastery peopled by a load of very odd monks , and on the way fall foul of the inquisition.From Umberto Eco’s book which it’s pretty faithful to , I read this when it first came out in the early eighties.Good film if you like the unusual.

Oldsmobile-88

The Name of the Rose 1986. Sean Connery, F.Murray Abraham and Christian Slater.
A fourteenth century Franciscan monk and his novice assistant set out to solve a series of murders at a monastery peopled by a load of very odd monks , and on the way fall foul of the inquisition.From Umberto Eco’s book which it’s pretty faithful to , I read this when it first came out in the early eighties.Good film if you like the unusual.
Only saw it once,on Video around 1990.A good film from what i remember.One of Connery’s better non Bond film roles.