• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
All about opinions Ant, I've seen both and prefer the original.
This is true, I also get irritated by people (not you!) who by default say the original was better than the remake. It isn't always the case.

DB9

This is true, I also get irritated by people (not you!) who by default say the original was better than the remake. It isn't always the case.
I'll agree with that, Maybe not the same but for me i loved Star Trek TNG rather than the original, Also Loved Dredd with Karl Urban rather than the awful one with Sly Stallone.

Antony Moxey

I'll agree with that, Maybe not the same but for me i loved Star Trek TNG rather than the original, Also Loved Dredd with Karl Urban rather than the awful one with Sly Stallone.
Those two Dredd films are night and day, the first really is a poor cartoon although I did think they did the cityscapes much better in the first film. Karl Urban absolutely nailed Dredd though, Stallone could have been any judge rather than Dredd himself.

DB9

Those two Dredd films are night and day, the first really is a poor cartoon although I did think they did the cityscapes much better in the first film. Karl Urban absolutely nailed Dredd though, Stallone could have been any judge rather than Dredd himself.
Probably right but the reboot was so much better, Urban did the up most tribute to Dredd and that was he never took off his helmet, Just like the comics.

Banksy

Hombre. 1967 western. Paul Newman , Diane Cilento , Richard Boone,Frederick March , Barbara Rush , Martin Balsam.
Newman plays a white boy grown into a man who was originally captured and adopted by the Apaches and happens to be on a stagecoach held up by Boone and his gang who are after a payload on it.Trouble is , unlike the rest of the coach passengers Newman doesn’t play by the rules. ‘Hey hombre , you put two bullets in me , both in the same place........’ Great film from the equally excellent novel by Elmore Leonard.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Richard Boone in a familiar role as a really nasty villain.

Banksy

Richard Boone in a familiar role as a really nasty villain.
Yes indeed.You could always rely on him to produce a good nasty if you know what I mean.A similar role to the one he played in Big Jake.

Banksy

The Devil’s Brigade 1968. William Holden , Cliff Robertson , Vince Edwards ,Claude Akins , Richard Jaeckel,Michael Rennie, Dana Andrews.
The film recounts the formation, training, and first mission of the 1st Special Service Force known as the Devil's Brigade. The film covers the Brigade's first mission in the Italian Campaign, the task of capturing what was considered an impregnable German mountain stronghold, Monte la Defense.Holden is the Commanding Officer , Robertson the Major commanding the Canadian contingent.A very watchable WW2 movie.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Watched the latest instalment of the Terminator last night , Some of the cgi stuff was cool but more often it just looked more like that terrible Spiderman film where it looked out of place and not reqd.
The storyline wasn't really up to much either , An alternative alternative reality didn't work for me and as for Arnie having a family and being a curtain hanger !

James Cameron shouldn't have put his name to this film. 5/10.

Banksy

Watched the latest instalment of the Terminator last night , Some of the cgi stuff was cool but more often it just looked more like that terrible Spiderman film where it looked out of place and not reqd.
The storyline wasn't really up to much either , An alternative alternative reality didn't work for me and as for Arnie having a family and being a curtain hanger !

James Cameron shouldn't have put his name to this film. 5/10.
Interesting summing up thanks .Got it recorded to watch so will see what I make of it compared with other films in the series ( which have been a mixed bunch).Maybe they’re relying too much on cgi these days and not enough on actual storylines.