• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last Band you saw

Ashford Grecian

Martin Turner ex Wishbone Ash last Thursday at Eel Pie Club - did the whole of the excellent Argos album in the 1st set :)

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
did the whole of the excellent Argos album in the 1st set :)
Well, Wishbone Ash do have an extensive back catalogue! :p

iscalad

Well, Wishbone Ash do have an extensive back catalogue! :p
Hope you're not knocking my favourite band.
Saw Martin Turner at the Corn Exchange a few years ago. He was excellent. Dave Cousins of the Strawbs and Carl Palmer of ELP also on the Bill.
Super night out.

Grecian2K

Most definitely not Isca.

Saw them several times at Exmouth Pavilion (before they got famous and were still "Empty Vessels".)
In fact my one (and only!) claim to musical "fame" was being dragged in by some mates to fumble my way though on bass when Maurice Price was compelled to bring in a "scratch" band for the Saturday night support at the Pav the week the "EV's" let him down to go to the smoke and become Wishbone Ash.
We only knew two songs (Smoke On The Water and Paranoid) and I (and they) decided "Never Again".

Colesman Ballz

Martin Turner ex Wishbone Ash last Thursday at Eel Pie Club - did the whole of the excellent Argos album in the 1st set :)
Lucky barsteward, had intended to make the trip upto London and take Junior along, but the tickets were sold out. What is the venue like ? It is somewhere l have planned to visit for some years.

Ashford Grecian

Lucky barsteward, had intended to make the trip upto London and take Junior along, but the tickets were sold out. What is the venue like ? It is somewhere l have planned to visit for some years.
very cosy probably holds 200 or so need to get there early to get a decent view. bit of a bunfight at the bar but a proper music venue, you can stuck the O2 and stadiums where the sun don't shine. I think this was at least the 3rd or 4th date for this much cancelled gig

Attachments

Ashford Grecian

Hope you're not knocking my favourite band.
Saw Martin Turner at the Corn Exchange a few years ago. He was excellent. Dave Cousins of the Strawbs and Carl Palmer of ELP also on the Bill.
Super night out.
saw ELP legacy pre covid what an amazing drummer he still is. Somehow I missed seeing ELP in my youth 😕

Colesman Ballz

Following missing out on Martin Turner at the Eel Pie Club, Junior came down to Exeter on Friday and instead we took in the "Manchester Calling" tour at the Phoenix featuring covers bands Totally Stone Roses, The Smiths Presumably and Oaysis. An excellent night, Oaysis starting things off in fine style. Now I must confess that I loathed the narcissistic Morrisey and never really took much interest in The Smiths as a result, but the singer really did a ****-take portrayal of him which went down well with me. Finally the lads from Oaysis less "Liam" reappeared as the Totally Stone Roses and closed the gig in great style.
Subsequently we transferred to the Old Fire House for some Ska from Relevation Roots washed down with copious amounts of "Yellowhammer". All in all a brilliant night of live music.

Grecian2K

The Tubular Bells 50th Anniversary tour at the Exeter Uni Great Hall.

No Mr Oldfield unfortunately (I don't think he even plays, let alone tours, any more) but the 8 person ensemble put together by his long-time arranger and collaborator Robin Smith were truly amazing in their musicianship and faithful live re-creation of the 1973 original (plus a few other Oldfield classics).

A magnificent night of great music.

crocks

The Tubular Bells 50th Anniversary tour at the Exeter Uni Great Hall.

No Mr Oldfield unfortunately (I don't think he even plays, let alone tours, any more) but the 8 person ensemble put together by his long-time arranger and collaborator Robin Smith were truly amazing in their musicianship and faithful live re-creation of the 1973 original (plus a few other Oldfield classics).

A magnificent night of great music.
Mike has lived in Nassau, Bahamas for the last 13-14 years. His last live performance was at the 2012 Olympics opening ceremony and last album was released in 2017 (Return to Ommadawn). Well worth a listen if you like superb music :) . There are rumours of TB4 but nothing has come of it.