• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Kicking towards the big bank in the first half

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just wondering what others peoples opinion is on this? personally I am not a fan because I have a feeling that it effects the atmosphere around the ground.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just wondering what others peoples opinion is on this? personally I am not a fan because I have a feeling that it effects the atmosphere around the ground.
Taggy was asked about this at the Trust AGM and said words to the effect that he was not convinced about the team warming up at the away end (?and by implication kicking towards the BB in the first half) but Paul Tisdale though it was helpful and worth trying.

However following Tis' enthusiastic comments after the Rovers game about the BB atmosphere, I imagine he may review this.

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
The goals the same size either way.

STURTZ

I don't give a flying fart which way we play but I do think that conditions such as sun, wind and rain are taken into consideration when choosing. You want the conditions to be in our favour second half if possible, Saturday was a massive mistake.

paperclip

I don't give a flying fart which way we play but I do think that conditions such as sun, wind and rain are taken into consideration when choosing. You want the conditions to be in our favour second half if possible, Saturday was a massive mistake.
Precisely. I'm amazed that this detail seemingly eluded Tisdale, the man who by all accounts leaves no stone unturned when preparing for a match.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Precisely. I'm amazed that this detail seemingly eluded Tisdale
It didn't. Tisdale said post match that he wanted JMT to swap ends.

arthur

I'll just repost what I wrote in response to Richard Portland's suggestion that the fans on the big bank think they can help the team score
I don't feel I can help. I do feel that I have paid money to be entertained and I do resent it when the manager deliberately chooses the less entertaining of two options. That's all

STURTZ

It didn't. Tisdale said post match that he wanted JMT to swap ends.
Why didn't he spell it out for him when they were warming up then?

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why didn't he spell it out for him when they were warming up then?
The wind picked up just as the players were coming out at 14:55.

He tried to communicate to Jordan but for some reason or another it didn't get through.

STURTZ

The wind picked up just as the players were coming out at 14:55.

He tried to communicate to Jordan but for some reason or another it didn't get through.
Sorry, but ********! You can get quite detailed forecasts these days detailing exact wind speeds, directions, the chances of rain and how long it will last. Most people that work or play take note of these forecasts and take remedial measures where necessary. It started getting windy just before the game is not an excuse.

Perhaps Dr Dave should choose ends for us.

Last edited: