• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Keith Curle to Exeter?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have said this elsewhere but I'd put Kevin Nicholson (not the old Torquay manager) at the top of the list.

One of the youngest English coaches to ever gain the UEFA Pro Licence, he's a former youth coach with us and was also manager of Cardiff's U23s. This season, his first in senior management, he's guided Bangor to 2nd in the WPL - their highest finish since 2011/12.

Knows the club, has experience developing *our* youth players, and has impressed in his first senior season. Far better than picking from the lower league also-ran carousel.
A UEFA Pro Licence doesn't make you a good manager, plenty of guys have all the qualifications in the world yet they still aren't very good at the job.

He did a poor job at Torquay, he needs to prove himself before he gets an opportunity in the football league.

Someone like Gary Waddock should be streets ahead of Nicholson if the ECFC job was to become available.

Daryl McMahon has also done a good job at Ebbsfleet.

Last edited:

Terryhall

A UEFA Pro Licence doesn't make you a good manager, plenty of guys have all the qualifications in the world yet they still aren't very good at the job.

He did a poor job at Torquay, he needs to prove himself before he gets an opportunity in the football league.

Someone like Gary Waddock should be streets ahead of Nicholson if the ECFC job was to become available.

Daryl McMahon has also done a good job at Ebbsfleet.
Same name as the former Torquay manager, but not the same person. He was at Cardiff U-21 before moving to Bangor - finished 3rd in the league with them, but they recently lost their licence so will anyway be relegated by default.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Same name as the former Torquay manager, but not the same person. He was at Cardiff U-21 before moving to Bangor - finished 3rd in the league with them, but they recently lost their licence so will anyway be relegated by default.
Indeed, a former ECFC youth coach for a brief while
https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2013/june/nicholson-set-to-join-cardiff/

Still, as memoman did specifically say "NOT the former Turkey" I'll allow him the privilege of delivering a fully deserved WHOOSH to our resident proper chap! ;)

Last edited:

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
OK, hands up, sorry lads !

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
The joint managers at Salford City who have achieved 3 promotions in 4 seasons & a fa cup have left Salford today......

They would put the cat amongst the pigeons

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
The joint managers at Salford City who have achieved 3 promotions in 4 seasons & a fa cup have left Salford today......

They would put the cat amongst the pigeons
If we ever have the high quality problem of a looking for new management these lads will not fit the bill, far too aggressive for ECFC.

If I was the new owner of Morecambe I would be wondering if these chaps could offer more than Jim Bentley.

Last edited:

The deluder

Jim Bentley is league 2 legend leave him alone.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jim Bentley is league 2 legend leave him alone.
You will require better bait than that matey.

Fareham Grecian

More chance of it being Ray Bradbury....playing a 451 formation?
Oh that’s very strong (clap)

geoffwp

Oh that’s very strong (clap)
Indeed. I was thinking it would be just papering over the cracks.