• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Josh Key...

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think Billy the Fish's post above about 'getting the money in tranches will really stir things up' is humorous reference to the many times PeteUSA has ranted about the word 'tranches'. For example on the Ollie Watkins thread

Tranches! There it is; that word! I wondered how far the Grimes discussion would go before somebody said it. Why didnt they just call it instalments, instead of trying to look profesional and coming out with that stupid word! Bleddy hell, I shouldnt get worked up like this at this time of night!

Colesman Ballz

I think Billy the Fish's post above about 'getting the money in tranches will really stir things up' is humorous reference to the many times PeteUSA has ranted about the word 'tranches'. For example on the Ollie Watkins thread
Just be thankful that Billy didn't also manage to fit "vomitories" or "assist" into his post ! ;)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just be thankful that Billy didn't also manage to fit "vomitories" or "assist" into his post ! ;)
Good idea.

arthur

interesting article from South Wales saying Michael Duff has identified Swansea's lack of pace as a *key* issue to resolve

I liked this bit:

“There are 46 games in a season. In five of those you are going to be brilliant and win 4-0. Don’t worry about them. Then there are going to be another five when you are awful and you’re going to lose 5-0. Don’t worry about them, either. There are 36 games in between in which you have to find a way to win. If you have to tweak your approach, then you tweak it.

denzel

Confirmed

older-codger

Confirmed
Signs for Swansea with "compensation to be concluded" - looks like a tribunal

ralph

Signs for Swansea with "compensation to be concluded" - looks like a tribunal
"The south-west club are due compensation for their role in his development, and negotiations are ongoing. " From the Swansea City website. Not quite the same as going to a tribunal.

andrew p long

"The south-west club are due compensation for their role in his development, and negotiations are ongoing. " From the Swansea City website, not quite the same as going to a tribunal.
Yes, but there's been plenty of time to reach an agreement and Swansea had been threatening a Tribunal saying they wouldn't pay what ECFC wanted. So not a Tribunal yet, but that's very much how it's looking. 'Negotiations are continuing' is Swansea's version; what this means is that they have made offers which we have rejected. They either up their offer or it goes to a Tribunal - their desire for 'negotiation' is their hope for capitulation on City's part.

Which is bad news.

Last edited:

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, but there's been plenty of time to reach an agreement and Swansea had been threatening a Tribunal saying they wouldn't pay what ECFC wanted. So not a Tribunal yet, but that's very much how it's looking.

Which is bad news.
Like Amps - bet it will cost us more in legal fees than what we get back in dribs / drabs !
UTC

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Really pleased for him he deserves his chance confident he will prove his worth as a Championship player and leave a few on here and SM generally having to eat their words.

Going to a team captained by another “one of our own” and next season Swansea will be credible runners in the race for promotion to the PL……come on Josh.