• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jonathan Grounds (departs)

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Congratulations to KMT on landing Grounds.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Grounds obviously "woke up and smelled the coffee"!

andrew p long

Grounds obviously "woke up and smelled the coffee"!
(that nearly went over my head!)

Interesting that Grounds said in interview that 'one or two things had to be sorted out' (or similar words). I wonder what changed to make the deal happen

(my hunch with Sweenz last year was that he needed/wanted a 2 year deal and was originally only offered a 1 year deal. Plainly Grounds has a 12 month contract, but I suspect that was always on the table)

Bridgy 81

(that nearly went over my head!)

Interesting that Grounds said in interview that 'one or two things had to be sorted out' (or similar words). I wonder what changed to make the deal happen

(my hunch with Sweenz last year was that he needed/wanted a 2 year deal and was originally only offered a 1 year deal. Plainly Grounds has a 12 month contract, but I suspect that was always on the table)
Maybe he wanted a formal opportunity to be incorporated into his deal to enable him to do some coaching alongside his playing commitments as he referred to starting his badges this summer and coaching being the direction he sees his career going in the future?

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lot of anger and doubt on this thread concerning our initial signing of Grounds and the lack of quality in our team at the start of last season.....🙄
We’ve all been guilty of it in the past. I remember when Cureton came in, there was loads of negativity!

IndoMike

Lot of anger and doubt on this thread concerning our initial signing of Grounds and the lack of quality in our team at the start of last season.....🙄
We're football fans, not football experts.
We have opinions about food, but we're not gourmets, about music, but we can't play a note. Just opinions....

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mentioned in dispatches by Kevin Nicholson helping out with the coaching alongside Nicky Ajose

Philecfc

Mentioned in dispatches by Kevin Nicholson helping out with the coaching alongside Nicky Ajose
Anode might not be able to play or train at the Cliff but it looks like he is turning out to be a fair coach down their

Cowshed Grecian

Meant to be a really good coach and a top bloke Nicky Ajose, I think we might have had him all wrong. How strange if he actually became a pivotal member of the managerial team.

onemansview

My home is Chesterfield but my heart is in Tokyo
Meant to be a really good coach and a top bloke Nicky Ajose, I think we might have had him all wrong. How strange if he actually became a pivotal member of the managerial team.
I thought Kev spoke well after last nights game and came across as very level headed, he was not under any great pressure but Nicholson/Ajose- might just be the dream team we are looking for. There is a lot to be said for continuity. No guarantees of course but saves a lot of upheaval and there does seem to be a good spirit round the camp at the moment.