• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Joel Nouble - New Striker?

Squeezebox

Negotiations between Club and Player agreed. Payment structure the issue.
Throw in some Chunks and Buckfast Tonic and jobs a good un!

Red Bill

Thats not actually true, but even if it was GC has spoke repeatedly about getting someone on early and we haven't (well, not a striker anyway) and with our precarious position leaving it until next week, after we've played two more games, is poor business.
I've kept off exweb recently as havent been going to games so I've not felt qualified to comment. However having read lots if comments about presumed lack of forward planning re bringing in a striker, I'm wondering if I'm the only person who heard GC's comment in his interview last Thursday when asked about the search for a striker, as no one has mentioned it that I've seen. GC said "we were hoping to bring one (striker) in on day one but Callum was injured, so we've had to wait"
I'm sure people will have their own thoughts about this, but it does suggest that there was planning and expectation of bringing someone in at the beginning of the window, contrary to some of the comments made on these threads. Whether it was sufficient planning will I'm sure be open to debate.
This isn't a comment for or against GC, just reporting what was said for the sake of balance

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can we add a ‘?’ to the title…?
Also, it's not Nouble it's Nou-ble. Perhaps that could be changed as well.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've kept off exweb recently as havent been going to games so I've not felt qualified to comment. However having read lots if comments about presumed lack of forward planning re bringing in a striker, I'm wondering if I'm the only person who heard GC's comment in his interview last Thursday when asked about the search for a striker, as no one has mentioned it that I've seen. GC said "we were hoping to bring one (striker) in on day one but Callum was injured, so we've had to wait"
I'm sure people will have their own thoughts about this, but it does suggest that there was planning and expectation of bringing someone in at the beginning of the window, contrary to some of the comments made on these threads. Whether it was sufficient planning will I'm sure be open to debate.
This isn't a comment for or against GC, just reporting what was said for the sake of balance
I do remember that, now you mention it and my first thought was Callum Morton but he played a full 90 minutes for FGR on New Year's Day and then got recalled by Salford. I don't think he has featured since going back though but don't know if he is injured again. If that's correct though, that will allegedly be twice that move has fallen through due to medical issues which might be telling us something...or maybe it will be third time lucky 😬

Markbb87

I think you guys can’t understand the Scottish accent and he was making a joke about Haaland being injured, not anyone called Callum I’m afraid.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
I do remember that, now you mention it and my first thought was Callum Morton but he played a full 90 minutes for FGR on New Year's Day and then got recalled by Salford. I don't think he has featured since going back though but don't know if he is injured again. If that's correct though, that will allegedly be twice that move has fallen through due to medical issues which might be telling us something...or maybe it will be third time lucky 😬
I don't think it was Callum that he said. He cracked a joke and said Haaland was injured so we couldn't get him in.

Rosencrantz

I don't think it was Callum that he said. He cracked a joke and said Haaland was injured so we couldn't get him in.
I blame my dodgy hearing and not having my hearing aid in. I listened to it twice as well 😂.

grecIAN Harris

I blame my dodgy hearing and not having my hearing aid in. I listened to it twice as well 😂.
Well I can't blame a dodgy hearing aid and I thought he said Callum aswell.

Bridgy 81

Presumably he wouldn’t have laughed if he was talking about a player we’d been unable to sign because he was injured.
He said Haaland.
So at least our Manager still has his sense of humour 🙂

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Presumably he wouldn’t have laughed if he was talking about a player we’d been unable to sign because he was injured.
He said Haaland.
So at least our Manager still has his sense of humour 🙂
Reckon Alfe Inge could still get a run out in our midfield